SWM V10R Ti+ rubber boot switch

tphill

Newly Enlightened
Hello. Just got my V10R Ti+ this weekend. The light comes with the titanium button switch installed, but it squeaks and binds, don't like it. I took it out and tried to put in the rubber boot switch, and the retaining ring will not work with the light. The retaining ring with the titanium button threads with no issues. Any suggestions? Thanks.

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't that be covered under warranty, or does both switches use different retaining rings? Either way, sorry you have to shell out more cash to obtain the correct part to install the rubber boot switch.

Pops

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm. is the 10 dollars the shipping? seems they should cover it or maybe the dealer which you bought it from. that binding actually gets better with use but it takes awhile. i can imagine you can accelerate the process by using a very grit around the edges. but that's a little funny thing to do on a brand new light.

cyclesport

Enlightened
It's been awhile since I had a V10R Ti+ but I seem to remember I just swapped out the Ti cap for a generic GITD rubber boot that fit inside the diameter of the Ti cap's retaining ring...did the same on the V11R also. This might be your easiest fix/work-around...just buy an assortment of popular size rubber boot end caps from one of the many China based dealers. Super cheap, and you'll have extras that will work for many diff lights.

tphill

Newly Enlightened
AZPops, the two buttons do use different retaining rings.
f22shift, the $10 was to cover shipping, and they came down to $8. I think I'll go ahead and do that.
cyclesport, I really don't like the looks of the GITD rubber boots. I think the black looks better. Actually, my EagleTac d25c Ti has a GITD boot that I'd like to change to black rubber, especially now that I've installed 2 ice blue trits in the slots in the tail. I think I'd like to get an assortment of those rubber boot end caps and see if one works. Could you tell me a place to start looking. Might even have one for the v10r.
For now I've stopped carrying the v10r mainly because of the binding switch, and have been carrying the d25c. Another reason I've stopped carrying the v10r is because I'm about to send it off for some modding, so I'd like to enjoy using it when I get it back.

cyclesport

Enlightened
cyclesport, I really don't like the looks of the GITD rubber boots. I think the black looks better. Actually, my EagleTac d25c Ti has a GITD boot that I'd like to change to black rubber, especially now that I've installed 2 ice blue trits in the slots in the tail. I think I'd like to get an assortment of those rubber boot end caps and see if one works. Could you tell me a place to start looking. Might even have one for the v10r.

intl-outdoor is one of the more reliable reliable China based dealers, and Lighthound in the US also has generic replacement end caps. I bought a big assortment of various size/color boots and O-rings from Shiningbeam a few years ago but I no longer see it on their site? You might Google to see if anything surfaces since those big assortment packs ultimately cost pennies per boot. I believe you need a 14mm wide rubber boot, but measure it to be sure before ordering.

EDIT: If all else fails, measure the inside dia. of the switch/boot retaining ring and PM me with your address...I probably have some black bubber boots that will fit and I'll send you a couple for free.

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
squeaks and binding can usually be fixed with a tiny bit of lubrication.
quick and easy to do... could be worth a try.

gunga

Flashaholic
I usually end up doing a bit of sanding on the inside of the retaining ring, that helps a lot. If you polish it and the button with a dremel, that should help too.

tphill

Newly Enlightened
My search did not yield an assortment pack, and none with the od's that I need (12mm for the d25c and 13mm for the v10r). I've tried lubrication, that hasn't worked yet, but it did manage to attract a lot of lint from the inside of my pocket. I'll try some sanding and polishing of the button and retaining ring. Thanks.

Latest posts