What light (or lights) are you giving as a gift?

sotyakr

Enlightened
Didn't go too crazy sharing the "Joy of Flashlights", but I'm giving a few. My dad is getting an Inova X5T. Might have gotten him an Arc LSL from Peter's special, but had just ordered the X5 a few days earlier. Sent a friend an Inova 24/7 (a red one from CountyComm). She's a ship captain and also enjoys outdoor activities, so I thought it might be a good fit. Just got a call from her and she loves it (got a kick out of the S.O.S. mode). Also giving a couple eternaLight Derringers to friends. And of course, a hand full of CountyComm dollar lights.

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: What light (or lights) are you giving as a gif

Mostly giving out PT Blasts. In better times I'd also give out a few Arc AAA's and one Surefire E1e-BY Winelight.

kaseri

Enlightened

Gave a G2 Nitrolon and one Arc AAA-P.

pedalinbob

Flashlight Enthusiast

i gave a madmax+ Q3 in a brinkmann to my 65 year old flashaholic friend--he was tickled to death!!! (i have so far given him an inretech, tec 40 and an arc aaa. he bought himself an attitude!)

he is totally floored with how bright it is. i used the brinkman c-clip to keep the sandwith from falling out during bat changes. i also loktited the head to keep people from trying to turn it.

funny...he bought some lithium aa for another light i gave him (inretech), and one of the bats reads 2.77v!!! confirmed on 3 separate meters.

strange...

i am about to put the finishing touches on 2 homebrew angle-luxes made with luxeon 3's, fraen LP's, and micropucks.

and tomorrow, i get my twintask 2L from my wife!!!
she is such a sweetheart.

life is good in flashlightland...

Bob

terrybright

Newly Enlightened

I gave my daughter, who is as yet innocent of knowledge of what constitutes a good flashlight, a Surefire G2 (yellow)with extra batteries.
Terry F

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic

I gave some co-workers a light package consisting of an ARC-AA, RED-WHITE-BLUE coin-cell light from County Comm and a Tactical Warehouse pen.

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire A2 and Inova X5T Red (with lots of extra batts) to my Bro-In-Law who leaves for Iraq in the next month or two.

E2E's to my Dad and Best Friend, TTL-2's to my sons.

And to ME, Space Needle II!

Bill

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic

Just finished wrapping up two PT Attitudes and four Dorcy AAA's. I think this will prove to family members just how afflicted I am. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

DanM

Newly Enlightened

Giving a TT-3C to my Dad and another TT-3C to my friend.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Giving a Blaster III to one of my son-in-laws, and my Elektrolumens 1 watt headlamp to the other. I will miss that light. A new 4D mag with LDF lens to one of my daughters, and will help her mod it. A 1 1/2 mil Vector to one daughter's signficient other, and a 3D light to another daughter.

Bill

MXDan

Newly Enlightened

I gave my dad a G2, gave a Photon light as a pass around family gift, a Photon light to a neighbor, and a Victornix with LED in it to another neighbor.

I didn't really get any lights for x-mas this year, just knives...

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator

Giving my Dad a SL TT-3C! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Deanster

Enlightened

I've given a couple Arc-LS seconds (two LSL-S and one LSH-S), each with a spare 123.

But only to very special people...

I'd like to give lots o' Arc AAA's, but I'm not a fan of the current style, and the price is pretty stiff for a 5mm light.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened

giving my dad an ARC LSH-S, my brother and brother in law are getting ARC AAA.

FNG

Enlightened

Gift wrapped Arc AAA to a person ive never met.

paulr

Flashaholic

Oh yes, forgot one. I sent a CMG Infinity to a friend in Romania who like camping. Seemed like the right choice. AA cells are by far the most common batteries over there, but even still, they're not that easy to come by, and the Infinity runs for a long time on one. I wobbled about whether to send an Infinity or an Infinity Ultra and sent the Infinity because I already happened to have an extra one.

r2

Enlightened

I'm on a student budget and can't afford to give away too many. Just a couple Arc AAA's for my girlfriend and family members. I also give Arc AAAs to my nieces and nephews when they turn 16. They start carrying keychains then and they are old enough and independent enough to need one and not lose it.

- Russ

paulr

Flashaholic

You can get coin cell keychain lights from Countycomm for 1 USD each (except I don't know if they still ship internationally). Those are great for giving away. I gave away a bunch of them during the year but ran out of them before xmas. I need to get some more.

AR15Fan

Newly Enlightened

I gave my father in law a Arc AAA

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *

ARC LSL, Mr. Bulk's LGI, eternaLight Ergo 3, Palight, Inova 24/7, ARC RGB, Dorcy AAA, White InReTech drop-in installed in a MiniMag, Cyan InReTech drop-in installed in a MiniMag, CMG Infinity, CMG Sonic, keychain LED lights, I think that was it. Some of these were multiples and went to my two budding "Flashaholic Sons"!