RIP Robin Williams

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The guy personified comedy..

JCGZjSQl.jpg

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
The news is reporting an apparent suicide....so sad that someone who brought so much laughter and enjoyment to others for so long fell into such a dark state of mind that could bring him to such an end. RIP.

gunga

Flashaholic
Omg. Really? Sad, sad day. I guess he had his darkness that he covered up with relentless comedy.

RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
He had some dramatic acting chops. I watched him in Awakenings just the other night. Moscow on the Hudson was another wonderful, bittersweet movie for him.

I'm so saddened by this news. He had mentioned going back to rehab recently to maintain his sobriety, according to a statement from his agent. Apparently things were getting out of control and he just had a terrible moment of weakness.

RIP good sir. You've touched a lot of lives in a positive way. :candle:

Last edited:

LGT

Enlightened
Very sad to hear that. He was such a comedic force. His on stage performance was unparalleled. High energy, off the cuff hilarious. His acting career was also enjoyable. Good will hunting, good morning vietnam, mrs. Doubtfire, dead poets society. It's not often that a stage comedian will make such a successful jump to acting. I'm going to miss him.

Last edited:

SM83

Newly Enlightened
Def one fine actor. Have watched him a good portion if my life and had always liked his stuff

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforums

Supernatural

Newly Enlightened
R.I.P. I saw some of his older movies and thought he was a better serious actor than he was given credit for.

Illum

Flashaholic
something tells me something he took, perhaps prescribed, leads to the suicide... given his late history of operations and weakness in his heart. Williams was hospitalized in March 2009 due to heart problems and was administered Propofol, which IIRC killed Michael Jackson

Solid Lifters

Enlightened
Very sad news. Shows you the power of depression. I was just a kid when I first saw him on Happy Days and then got the show Mork and Mindy. Very hilarious and entertaining man. RIP Robin

jtr1962

Flashaholic
My mouth dropped to the floor when I glanced the headlines. At first at thought it had to be a hoax. When I found out his death for for real, I was moved to tears, especially given the cause, and the fact that I had once attempted (thankfully unsuccessfully) suicide. He not only defined comedy but he was also a better serious actor than many people gave him credit for. His depression/apparent isolation eerily resembles that of the character he played in One Hour Photo. I thought he played a great part but now I'm left wondering how much he actually had to act in that film. RIP Robin.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Good Will Hunting is such a terrific movie
how even professors/academics can be insecure, resulting in complex defense mechanisms
...solid acting throughout

Robin Williams was genius of entertainment

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a huge loss to the world to lose such a great actor and comedian. He was known as the Mother Teressa of comedy. He did shows for the troops and a lot of volunteer work. Many of his shows weren't just funny but came with a life lesson or message. Patch Adams is one example of this. In his words, "You treat the sick, you win or lose. You treat the person, I guarantee you you'll win." The show that made me laugh nonstop was Good Morning, Vietnam. If you haven't seen a show with Robin Williams in it, you're missing out on more than just comedy.