Is 9AN Black hard anodized?

Size15's

Flashaholic
I believe that the SureFire Black Anodisation is hard anodised to Level II Spec.
The SureFire "HA" is Hard Anodised to Level III. It is very difficult to colour HA Level III Anodisation - hence why it is a grey/green/sometimes brown colour and in some cases mis-matching between batches occurs.

I believe that the SureFire Black is Anodised to a higher degree then flashlights such as MagLights but this maybe untrue.

Al

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi folks,

Anyone know if 9AN Black is hard anoldized? Description on its catalog is not that clear on this. I saw a 9AN Black on our local store with pretty good price. Although their price is the same and the black looks like hard anodized (not shinny like its P6), I would like to make sure.

TIA.

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know black sure fire are normally not hard anodized and price is normally little lower as well. However, 9AN Black *seems* like hard anodized based on its look and price.

Very confusing
confused.gif

Alan

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Alan,

Just checked Surefires "Dealer Catalog" which is just slightly different than the one offered over the internet, and the catalog clearly states that the 9AN is offered in Type III Hard Anodized Black or Type III Hard Anodized Grey

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks. I just got confirmation from Sure Fire that the 9AN black is hard anodized like its natural HA model.

Alan

Size15's

Flashaholic
Well I believed wrong then, and that's great to know in this case!
wink.gif

To be honest, the black finish on my 12PM and even the black C2 I have isn't nearly as good as the Millennium Grey HA.

I think I personally still prefer the Millennium Grey HA as it's more distinctive.

Al

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
9AN Black looks totally different from regular 12PM and C2 black. In fact, at the time I looked at 9AN Black in my local store, 12PM and C2 Black was displayed just next to 9AN Black. The 9AN Black looks solid like natural HA while regular anodized black looks *flashy*.

Alan