Surefire G2-BK, I GUESS THEY DONT COME WITH BATTERIES

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
When I was ordering some stuff from Surefire the other day the sales rep told me they were having a speciel on the G2 models so a got a few. When I sold the first one we opened it up and NO batteries. I checked the rest of them and NO batteries either. This is the first model that I have purchased from Surefire that didn't include batteries. I guess that's why the price seemed so reasonable. I hope they continue to include batteries in the other models.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's interesting. Thanks for the warning, I guess a lot of people already knew how bad botach can be some times. But well... this doesn't help their reputation at all...

Say.. you still selling stuff?

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Some stuff, drop me an email and let me know what you are looking for. I purchased these direct from surefire, not botach. I just expected them to have batteries in them like all the other lights do.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received a shipment from Dan @ tacticalwarehouse.com , and all my G2's had batteries...even my G2Z and Z2 had batteries.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
I am going to call Surefire as soon as they open to see if it was a packing error with the lot I purchesed. I will let you know.

ReconTech

Newly Enlightened
That is interresting that Surefire and NOT Botach did you wrong. I have found their customer service at Surefire to be excellent, just give them a call, and they should make it right...

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
I am not even saying they did me wrong, yet. I just assumed (I know, dont assume) they came with batteries like the rest of them. I will know soon. I am sure if there is a problem it will be fixed right away. Surefire customer support is one of the best I have ever delt with.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a G2 from Botach months ago and it came in a sealed clamshell package WITH batteries.
Was yours sealed?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a G2 and it was sealed in a clamshell with 2 batteries.

Really pleased with it. I had not thought that the little bit of difference in wieght between it and a 6P would have been andy big deal, but I can drop this thing in my Docker's pocket and forget about it.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Problem solved. They are sending me out batteries today. They should have had them in light but they didn't, and the boxes were sealed. Much better value with the batteries huh.

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I just picked up another G2 this morning. It had batteries in it. This is the second G2 I have bought, the first one I had was yellow and I ended up giving it to my dad for Christmas....yellow is his favorite color. This new one is black and is my favorite of all my Surefires. For some reason I prefer these G2s to the E series and M2.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my first G2 last week from Brightguy. New, sealed packaging, and no batteries. Not gonna make a big fuss over 2, 123 cells, especially since already have several boxes on their way from SureFire. On second thought, I might need a new o-ring for my E2e, so I may mention it if/when I call them.

-Keith

snuffy

Enlightened
Road_Kill ---

Look UNDER the inner cardboard.

I recieved a couple from Dan@Tactical Warehouse this week and both had batteries. They were sealed in a plastic bag UNDER the cardboard that holds the G2 in place.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Peter Atwood:
This new one is black and is my favorite of all my Surefires. For some reason I prefer these G2s to the E series and M2.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Note to self...Peter Atwood likes black rubber.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

I'm being silly...sorry. Happy Valentine's Day.

road__kill

Newly Enlightened
Hi Sunffy
I tried to respond to your pvt msg but your profile is blocked.
That was the second place I looked. I purchased several of them and none of them had batteries.
I spoke to surefire about it and thay said the batteries are supposed to be installed. They are sending me new batteries right away so I guess I wasn't the first to call them about this batch. They do have GREAT customer service!
Thanks
Road__kill