Purses With Deep Vertical Pocket To Hold Surefire P3X Tactical?

OldMarineVet

Newly Enlightened
My wife carries a Surefire P3X Tactical flashlight (6.6" long) loose in her purse. It's completely "twisted off" so the thumb button doesn't accidently turn the light on in her purse for an extended time period (1,000 lumens can start a fire) We are looking for a decent purse with a deep vertical pocket that can securely hold the P3X, thumb button up, to mitigate the risk of turning the light on in the purse. Then the P3X can be "twisted" on to the point to make the thumb button operational in one step instead of two after drawing the P3X. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

OldMarineVet

Newly Enlightened
One suggestion was putting the flashlight loose in the purse but in a hard shell flashlight holder/holster to block the thumb button. Then the flashlight could be carried with an active thumb button in any of her purses. Having trouble finding one for the relatively large Surefire P3X Tactical (Length 6.6" and Bezel Diameter 1.31") Too bad Surefire doesn't have something this. Any suggestions here would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
usually i would think that getting a different light would be the easier option as opposed to getting a new purse. i applaud your wife sir for sticking with her P3X.

maybe look at certain "tactical bags"? some are made with vertical slots for magazines, and such. some can be modular and can attach a good P3X holster to.
ive seen tactical bags that carry similar to a purse.

OldMarineVet

Newly Enlightened
skyfire, thank you for the response. Yes, she's in the process of looking at tactical purses and I'm looking into hard shell flashlight holders. Thanks, again

OldMarineVet

Newly Enlightened
We found putting a Glock 27 magazine holster like a "hard shell sleeve" over the thumb button (1" diameter) side of the Surefire P3X works well. Good retention which also provides ample space between thumb button and bottom of G27 magazine. Not pretty but functional. Here's the link to the G27 magazine used. Thanks to everybody for the ideas.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007V9UN0/?tag=cpf0b6-20

OldMarineVet

Newly Enlightened
CORRECTION: We found putting a Glock 27 magazine holster like a "hard shell sleeve" over the thumb button (1" diameter) side of the Surefire P3X works well. Good retention which also provides ample space between thumb button and bottom of G27 magazine HOLSTER. Not pretty but functional. Here's the link to the G27 magazine used. Thanks to everybody for the ideas.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife's suggestion is to find a good holster she likes and clip it to one of the inside pockets in a purse she likes. Hangs down just like from a belt that way. No compromise that way either. Granted, her's is a smaller fenix p1 but works the same way, just need bigger purse for your wife's light. She used to carry an ET T20C2MKII the same way but started to prefer the smaller light.

R.W.D.

Enlightened
Does it have to be a new purse?? Or can it be a holster of sorts? I have more p3x Fury's than most people same with g3's it's the size I love they fit my hands better than tiny lights.. I will say I've found tons of ways to carry them and a nice tip up way is a collapsible baton sheath they fit perfect and it won't push the tailcap so it won't engage one that isn't locked out. Find one that has a clip rather than the belt loop I promise it's a good buy and then she can clip it to the inside on a pocket of her purse and use whatever purse she wants with it.
There are also holsters for lights that have hook side Velcro wich goes well with a loop panel and you can get both panels and holsters in diff sizes which can also fit any purse.

Latest posts