EagleTac M25C2

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://eagletac.com/html/m25c2/specs.html

unvdtOh.png

Last edited:

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
This does look good, and I think Vinh needs to get his hands on some of these :naughty:

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I would be all down for this light if I had more faith in the mode switching. I love the design and simplicity, but I feel like Eagletac would be better off with an indented selector ring that has the same turbo through low modes. The current UI is just too touchy when I use it out on hikes.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
I would be all down for this light if I had more faith in the mode switching. I love the design and simplicity, but I feel like Eagletac would be better off with an indented selector ring that has the same turbo through low modes. The current UI is just too touchy when I use it out on hikes.

Perhaps, but I bought the TK32, and hated the 2 buttons. I was always fumbling in the dark and getting the wrong one. This was worse for me than the Eagletac UI.

The primary tailcap on my TK32 broke, within the first 30 days. I returned it, and have been looking for an alternative. The M25C looks like it'll be it.

Was just about to pull trigger on a TK32 but now..........

This exactly.

Yup. Plus no color LEDs, which I don't want anyway.

Last edited:

amen

Newly Enlightened
I had a TK35, the tail cap switch broke in less than a year, I prefer the twisty switch of the eagletac.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
I think that Eagletac has one of the best UI's around in all perfect honesty. To me, the GX25L2 and the SX25L2 are two of the best lights you can get for duty work. Dead simple, tough (from my experience at least), runs longer than all those little pocket rockets out there, and has an excellent beam pattern for seeing distance and searching an area. I have sold a few of those and a couple of the S200C2's to my coworkers. I even got a G25C2 Warm reserved just for outdoors use. This UI just doesn't quite hold up to how hard I use the light.

Most people will probably never notice this, but where the head rotates tends to let some sand/grit/whatever in as it gets used. After a depressingly small amount of build up it starts to effect the lower outputs. I do a lot of very hard hiking/caving/canoeing/etc... As a result there are certain things I look for in my lights. One of them is a momentary UI that is very, very simple and allows me to use a specific mode over and over again. That's just how I use my lights :shrug:. Fenix, Eagletac, and Sunwayman are generally the 3 brands I stick to because they closely match what I look for in UI's.

I was excited to see this light at first because it fits the bill as a replacement for my TK41 on hikes (I love the beam pattern, hate the size and weight.) But, I only use that beam pattern for 2 things, low and turbo. I use low the most by far. If you aim it right, it won't ruin your night vision and will let you light up the trail at your feet and still let you see very far away. Then I remembered all of the issues I have with the low modes on my Eagletacs. Still love them. Still recommend them to a lot of LE and security guys. And I would be all over this light if I only was going to use the Turbo like I do with my GX :shrug:.

I don't mean to disrespect Eagletac lights. I think very highly of them. I just use my lights very, very hard. A lot of my friends tend to take recommendations for tough gear from me because they figure if it survived me, then it will survive a nuclear induced apocalypse, lol. I came to the conclusion that the less moving parts the better on anything I use. Especially lights. Even my old Surefire Z2 got retired from hiking because the damn threads let too much grit in and the light would start sputtering after a bit. Climbing limestone bluffs, crawling through the caves cut out inbetween the cliffs, and all in a marshy area, tends to push any gear to the limits.

That's all I meant. I'm sure you guys will have no problems with it or ever notice what I do just because we use our lights in a different way.

Last edited:

HIDSGT

Enlightened
Perhaps, but I bought the TK32, and hated the 2 buttons. I was always fumbling in the dark and getting the wrong one.
yea thats my biggest complaint with my TK75 is the buttons. in the dark wen I need to turn it on fast I'm always fumbling with the buttons to either turn it on or lower the setting and I'm either turning it off or hitting the other button wen I don't want to.

there is no better setup then the Olight with one BIG button so there is no confusion. flash light manufactures need to learn the conecpt of KISS.... at least make the on/off button a different shape or size then the other button.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
So I asked Eagletac where/when I could get this light. They told me I could preorder it from andrew-amanda.com. I asked andrew-amanda when it would be available, and they said next week. (I don't know if they ment for preorder or for order.)

Anyway my quesrion now is what is andrew-amanda.com, and are they a trustworthy seller? It sure is a strange site name.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Got my light today! Quality is as expected, pretty good, brand name Chinese, similar to all my Eagletac, Fenix, and Nitecore lights. Huge reflector works well. Tight spot, throws far as expected. Comparing it to my Nitecore SRT7 it has the same spill with a much tighter spot. Very nice. Farthest place I can shine it now is about 400 yards across a field to some buildings. It lights up the buildings quite well at that distance. And at 200 yards it's just awesome. Overall a very useful light with the combination of spill and crazy throw for it's size.

ETA: By "farthest" I mean farthest I can find without obstruction, not farthest the light can throw.

Last edited:

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Out of curiosity, how big is the reflector compared to the body?

I've seen some photos where it didn't look too bad and others where it was pretty comical.

Last edited:

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
Out of curiosity, how big is the reflector compared to the body?

I've seen some photos where it didn't look too bad and others where it was pretty comical.

It's big. 2.5 inches diameter compared to 1 inch.

See the pics in their product pages:

overview_hero3.jpg

I was looking for just such a light. I want the large reflector for the throw, but only a single 18650, because I don't need much run-time and like the handheld size. The only downside that I've noticed is the head is heavy relative to the body, so a push button switch near the head might actually be a better UI than a tailcap switch.

Another form factor that I think would be good would be a pair of side-by-side 18650s with this head. Or better yet imagine a Fenix TK35 body with a TK61 head on it. And with push buttons near the head. That I'd buy.

Last edited: