SL ProPoly 4 aa 7 led: first impression

Raven

Enlightened
Not a review, just a first impression.

This is a very rugged light.

It feels almost tougher than my UK 4aa.

I wanted it, so I could use up the almost 50 partially depleted aa batteries I have, and it works like a charm, using batteries that would not have the juice to power much of anything else.

The light has better throw (even outside with urban light spill) than I had expected.

The beam quality is what I expected, which is what I had read here at CPF, very nice and full. There is however, this really cool kaleidoscope affect around the edges of the beam. The only way to describe it, would be like reflections off a diamond. This must be the shadows that each specific led cast against each other. I like the way looks actually.

Well I do like the light. It's exactly what I expected it to be, and unless something goes horribly wrong with mine, I'll not hesitate to buy them for family gifts.

BTW: I bought mine from pocket lights and told them I heard about their website from CPF ))

Happy Holidays everyone!

Raven

RichardMT

Newly Enlightened
You got yourself a nice light. I have had mine for about a year now. There have been comments on problems of overheating, although mine has shown no problems. I would imagine the longest mine has been on has been 20 minutes straight or so.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's simply a superb workhorse. It ain't pretty, it's not type lll hard anodized, it just puts out a very useful, wide wall of light, and does it for a very long time. Cheap batteries too.

It also fits in a pocket well.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, good light. I gave one to my brother-in-law for Christmas, but of course I had to test it first. I used it off and on for a week or two, and was rather impressed, good solid light for the price.

-Keith

Raven

Enlightened
Anyone else notice the kaleidoscope affect that surrounds the outer edges of the beam?

Raven

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Raven, yessir! I've seen that effect. I thought it had to do with the mirrored "cliffs" that rise up around the outside lip of the light. I think the LEDs reflect light off there, and it somehow interacts with the light from all the others to produce the effect.

Or something like that.

Darkaway

Enlightened
For every day tasks around the house that don't require two free hands, I find myself reaching for my SL ProPoly 4 aa 7 led more than any other light I own, including my Arc LS. I know that could be seen as blasphemy on this board, but sometimes a little more heft in your hand is a good thing.

Jerimoth

Newly Enlightened
Hi...any recommendations regarding a place to purchase this light? I'm thinking customer service and lowest price. Thanks.

Dukester

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Jerimoth said:
Hi...any recommendations regarding a place to purchase this light? I'm thinking customer service and lowest price. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

www.brightguy.com

Super vendor and Greg will take care of ya!

Raven

Enlightened
I bought mine from Pocket Lights, though I have ordered from BG in the past, with no problems.

You can't go wrong with either store.

One thing in PL favor is that they have a toll free number.

Raven

ufokillerz

Enlightened
=p b*stards, after getting reminded how nice this light was, i just ordered one =) looking forward to this light =).Lets hope brightguy doesnt take forever

LightScene

Enlightened
Darkaway, have you tried the 2AA pack with your Arc LS? I use it with 2 rechargeables, and I really love it. It fits in my hand really nice and feels really good.

Latest posts