Help needed, Sunwayman T40CS Dead after charging Batteries the First time.

richief

Newly Enlightened
I mostly just read and glean info on store bought lights here, which lead to my t40cs purchase, now I'm hoping to get help troubleshooting components on my newish T40cs.
I've had it a couple months and when the batts ran Down and light no longer worked I charged batteries, replaced them, and now the light is unresponsive to any combo of switch activation.
I confirmed batteries are fully charged w vm and by trying in another light.
I do not see any corrosion on anything, so wondering how to check switches.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:

Vinniec5

Enlightened
Check the batteries with a volt meter and see if a battery slipped into low Voltage protection Mode, if you have a battery with near zero voltage it's in protection mode and will not complete the battery circuit/ try 4 CR123s and see if it lights or other 18650s if you have them

richief

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I did try each battery in a single 18650 light (convoy) and worked fine, tried 2 other batt's that worked in convoy same result. I just tried 4 cr123's and the flashlight is totally dead.
It worked fine when I first got it, and didn't use it much, stored indoors, never dropped/abused, only 6 mos old, went to use it and it was dead, charged batt's and still dead.
Anything I can do to check switches or something?

Last edited:

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
You can rule out tail cap switch by using a paperclip to connect the tail end the battery to the unanodized portion of the body tube. If the light works, then you know the problem is the tail switch and can see about tightening, cleaning, etc. If light won't come on, problem is in the head, and nothing you can do but see about sending in for repair. Good luck

richief

Newly Enlightened
Thanks selfbuilt, it must be in the head then. I did as you said and convoy (my single cell 18650, that I been using to test batteries, etc.) works but T40CS is Dead as a door nail, and yes I toggled the side switch, if anyone doubted it. What gives? not even a half hr run time, and kaput. The Amazon dealer only does returns for one month, it's about 9 mos old now, does anyone know how to go about getting this workmanship guarantee honored.

Last edited:

Latest posts