What light did you get for Christmas

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
What kind of light did you GET, not give for Christmas. What you bought for yourself doesn't count. I get a kick out of this every year. Also tell who gave it to you.

Me

Cold Cathode fluorescent and Xenon Handtorch from my sister in Texas.

Uses 4 AA's. Pretty bright and tight beam but VERY ringy. THe fluorescent portion is actually pretty nice. Made of gray and silver plasctic.

200fr

Newly Enlightened
I would like to see pics of the handtorch, on of the things i got was a 8" plasma globe, i have a question though, i hear this whining sound when its on, and if i put my finger like 1 mm from the glass you can see an arc??

Enjoy your day every one

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I opened a gift and inside was... a 4-pack of lithium AA batteries! Threw one of them in my Arc AA and it is nice and light to go with the brightness.
Now to get one with my LS red flasher experiment, need lithiums to boost the voltage/current.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
No lights for me, but I didn't ask for any.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
My girlfriend bought me an Inova X5T--but, it was more along the lines of "tell me which light you want and I'll get it for you." In fact, I opened it way before Christmas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

And this was only about three weeks ago, before I started coming to this board. I don't think asking for an L4 would be a good idea /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not sure if other people are similar, but in my case, family and friends usually don't try to buy me anything, because they know how picky I am--so even though they all know I am a newfound flashlight fan, they didn't get me any $2 lights or whatnot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I got my Christmas light a month ago... the McLux Winelight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

No lights under the tree this morning though... I wanted the M6... but they had already exhausted their budget with stuff from Victoria's Secret and American Eagle Outfitters... I AM still a girl afterall... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
No lights under the tree for me this morning either.
But the Hyper Lux V, the Firebug, the NLS, a couple of Neo Glo lights, a small HeNe laser, some keychain LED flashlights, a bunch of batteries, and some LEDs came close enough to Christmas that I consider them Christmas gifts.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
My Dad gave me, my son, and my son-in-law something called "the Bil-Lite S.U.L (Sport Utility Light)! It's clip-on light with a single led, 2x 2032 li batteries and light output through a lens (no sidespill). He thought it was a big funny that he gave out flashlights this year and not me!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

What KIND of light did I get for Christmas?

The one from my youngest grandchild's eyes.

Traut

Newly Enlightened
We need to do a torch/light exchange next year. EXAMPLE: I will buy you an L6 and you buy me an L6. That way when my wife asks where did i get the new kight I can reply (insert your name) gave it to me for Xmas!

Anyone want to join in lets start it in November 2003 as long as Air France gets their flight crew personnel in order.

Prolepsis

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Traut said:
We need to do a torch/light exchange next year. EXAMPLE: I will buy you an L6 and you buy me an L6. That way when my wife asks where did i get the new kight I can reply (insert your name) gave it to me for Xmas!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I'd be like: "honey, xx gave me an LS5, xy gave me an LS4, and yy gave me an L6." Then she'd /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif me...

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't get any lights but gave out a few. What amazed me the most was the reaction I got when handing out the $1 keychain lights to relatives at the traditional family gift changing exchange. I could have just as well been giving them all E2's, they were so impressed. I should have wrapped some of them as gifts and saved me a bundle of money. The power of the LED light still has not hit the mainstream.

Lara

Newly Enlightened
I got a Lucido G1 from my sister.

g1.jpg