Nuwai's Awesome New Lights

StevieRay

Enlightened
Nuwai\'s Awesome New Lights

If you haven't checked Nuwai's site lately, they have some really cool new products. Their 1watt, 5 watt, and even an EAR LED!

Spend a few minutes their. Anyone want to do a group buy? I think we need at least 500/item. Nuwai

artar

Enlightened
Re: Nuwai\'s Awesome New Lights

alx_253l.gif

this one looks realy great!

StevieRay

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
madecov said:
I like that, who sells the nuwai line at a reasonable price ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on what you call reasonable. Goldengadgets and the many other names that he goes under sells them, but IMHO for too much. I believe that LifeStyle Fascinations also sells a few.

I have made an inquiry to get current pricing. If there is enough interest in a group buy for maybe the new 5 watt, I might be willing to sponsor it.

Steve

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast

Let's just say I FFL. I usually have the ability to get Surefire, Pelican and Streamlight products at a reasonable price (wholesale). Nuwai lights aren't available to me and the 5 watt light is pretty much what I have been looking for

nexro

Enlightened

How about ordering those lights from Nuwai themselves?
That should lower the cost a bit I think.

Catapult

Enlightened

I have the Nuwai 3 in 1 rechargable, and it's an excellent light, albeit their over inflated lumen ratings. These new models, as well as many others interest me, but finding a source for them at reasonable prices has proven difficult. I hope the'll come out with a rechargable version of these 5 watters.

Check out their diving torches. The LD-34 and LD-37 resemble Streamlight's Propolymer line. The LD-770 and LD-830 resemble the Princeton Tec Surge.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Lifestyle Fascination blurb boasts, "They [these 5 watt Luxeon flashlights] boost the performance of an LED by 10-15% utilizing Dynamic Lighting Effect technology and a DCDC constant circuit device!" Statements like this make me very wary of buying anything from these people. However, I do know that some of their products are indeed okay.

So that makes it a crap shoot. I look forward to hearing a review by a fellow CPFer who is brave enough to try one of these lights.

Paul

LightScene

Enlightened

Golden PSX The bidding on Ebay is at $51 and the reserve hasn't been met.

In previous auctions the reserve was usually not met. It's higher than $72. It's probably $85.

I'm not interested in a flashlight that requires more than $3 worth of disposable batteries which will probably only last for an hour or 2.

StevieRay

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
nexro said:
How about ordering those lights from Nuwai themselves?
That should lower the cost a bit I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe there is a 500 piece minimum. I am checking on price and availability.

Catapult

Enlightened

Nuwai exaggerates their lumen ratings, and Lifestyle Fascination exaggerates their descriptions. At that price ($100), it's going to be quite a crap shoot indeed. Don't forget that there's still the Luxeon Lottery to play.

Nuwai's long line of lights are redundant. For some of their lights, they simply take the same light and gave it a different body.

StevieRay

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
LightScene said:
Golden PSX The bidding on Ebay is at $51 and the reserve hasn't been met.

In previous auctions the reserve was usually not met. It's higher than $72. It's probably $85.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the history Reserve is somewhere between $65 and $85.....maybe $85

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast

PaulW, Lifestyle Fascination has some of the funniest product descriptions of any company I have ever done business with. But I have ordered lights from them in the past and not had any difficulties with them. But then I haven't needed to try to contact customer service or anything like that.

I agree, I like that 5 watt as well...

Catapult

Enlightened

I don't trust Lifestyle Fascination's fancy overstated description. Nuwai did not say so on their website, so I do not beleive that it would be regulated.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

the one artar is showing look sreally great!
the big question now is ... what is in there ... and who will be the guinea pig? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard

Catapult

Enlightened

They say beauty is only skin deep. Has anyone taken apart their Nuwais and took a peek at what's inside?