Angryfox        
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627

Thread: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Default Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Duplicate
    Last edited by Zandar; 05-18-2018 at 05:28 PM. Reason: duplicate

Any news on Trek ?

Quote Originally Posted by London Lad View Post
    Any news on Trek ?
    It is coming "soon", and looks rather different than the rest...

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    It is coming "soon", and looks rather different than the rest...
    That much I know

As you know the prototype of the Trek is complete. My plans are to start production parts this summer. So that is very soon.

Got the web site done, that was a huge undertaking. Had to spend lots of time on the pictures and videos too, building the video set etc. We finally have a great way to take pics of the flashlights against a white background. All the pics of the lights on the website that look like they are floating in a sea of white were taken it that new photo booth.

The Can Cooler 4000 is a huge success so far and we are modifying it to reach the under 120 second goal. I will have another video on that soon. I still need to post the images from the changes we made to the CAD model. My Form 2 printer is down so I have been ordering parts from Shapeways. They do a great job.

We have the Facebook page and the new Cool Fall SPY Flashlights Facebook group started with 40 members so far. Mike has been spearheading that and doing a great job, he tends to post everyday machining videos there.

I also have been posting to our cool_fall Instagram account. I tend to put my own everyday videos there.

I created a Facebook group for the ETG too. But very few joined. Lots of people are not on Facebook I guess. If you are interested send me an email.

Cheers
    Dave

Cool. Loads going on then! Looking forward to seeing / hearing details of the new light.

Flashaholic*

on 6/21:
    Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    As you know the prototype of the Trek is complete. My plans are to start production parts this summer. So that is very soon . . .
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    on 6/21:

What happened?
    We are still working it. Just put another Trek prototype together last Thursday. We are adding a firm click to the knob rotation. This Trek knob is much larger and needs to have the right feel. We are also changing the pocket clip screws to titanium so we can anodize them to match the copper parts. That is everything I can comment on right now. I just had ETG3 at my shop a week ago and everybody from the old New Jersey Photon Fest group showed up. They all got to play with the Trek prototype and I was happy to get their feed back and impressions. So we will keep pushing forward with the design.

In other news, the can cooler is almost ready for its world debut. Its mecanum wheels are all done and we are now tidying up the cables. It is working extremely well and as far as I can tell it is the worlds fastest aluminum beverage chiller that requires no pre-cooled mass.

We have three new projects in the works too that I can not wait to tell you all about.

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Data; 10-15-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Any updates Dave?

Flashaholic*

I lament that CPF enthusiasts who, like myself, prefer to avoid social media for good reason, are not being kept informed.
    An update every four months is quite a contrast with the past.

Having said that, I canít imagine that any new light, irrespective of state-of-rhe-art features, could please me as much as my current favorite Spy does.

My plans are to introduce the Trek here at the same time as on Facebook.

There is activity on my Facebook group and Instagram almost daily. The posts I make on Facebook are more often than not reply's to flashlight related questions. On Instagram I tend to post extra curricular topics but not much more often than monthly.

Now having said all that, I am with you on the forum format as it is still my favorite. It has a history that social media lacks.

Cheers
    Dave

I lament that CPF enthusiasts who, like myself, prefer to avoid social media for good reason, are not being kept informed.
    An update every four months is quite a contrast with the past.

Having said that, I canít imagine that any new light, irrespective of state-of-rhe-art features, could please me as much as my current favorite Spy does.
    I feel/felt exactly the same way as you regarding social media but I didn't want to cut off my nose to spite my face, so to speak, regarding being privy to so many exciting developments of new custom flashlights shown on various facebook groups.

So I made myself a fictitious FB account with two of the commonest forenames and surnames in the world just so that I could access these groups whilst still retaining my privacy and anonymity. Quite easy to do.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Flashaholic*

Thanks for the hint, Easyled. Your suggestion doesnít work for me for a number of reasons, but here is not the place to discuss them (happy to chat by PM). Suffice it to say that Facebook has more rhan one face.

I am happy that Dave confirmed CPF will not be neglected, which was my fear, as I have long noticed a decline in the Forumís former busy activity, which I now learned from you has shifted to the big F. I harbored fears of CPF eventually vanishing like Flashlight Forums did when its activity declined.

Thanks, Dave, for the reassurance. Onward to Trek and the announced but still mysterious new projects.
    Last edited by Rudi; 02-01-2019 at 11:09 AM. Reason: corrected typo and added a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    We are still working it. Just put another Trek prototype together last Thursday. We are adding a firm click to the knob rotation. This Trek knob is much larger and needs to have the right feel. We are also changing the pocket clip screws to titanium so we can anodize them to match the copper parts. That is everything I can comment on right now. I just had ETG3 at my shop a week ago and everybody from the old New Jersey Photon Fest group showed up. They all got to play with the Trek prototype and I was happy to get their feed back and impressions. So we will keep pushing forward with the design.

In other news, the can cooler is almost ready for its world debut. Its mecanum wheels are all done and we are now tidying up the cables. It is working extremely well and as far as I can tell it is the worlds fastest aluminum beverage chiller that requires no pre-cooled mass.

We have three new projects in the works too that I can not wait to tell you all about.

Cheers
    Dave
    More than 6 months later and still nothing to tell....?

Flashaholic*

It seems all Cool Fall news is now to be found only on social media.
    I donít do social media and have been in the dark for six months as well.

What he said. X2
    I choose to carry a flashlight because I am often kept in the dark.

I'm on the Cool Fall FB group and there haven't been any announcements or teasers released there either. There's definitely more activity with picture posts and conversations among members but nothing from Dave or Mike. I'm sure they will stay true to their word and make any official announcements both here and on social media.
    Who needs to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you have friends on CPF?
    My flashlight videos: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...9TIYcGeuBXa5m0

I will be posting here and on Facebook and Instagram all at the same time. I have some Trek pics and a Cancooler video and several other things almost ready for posting.

Cheers
    Dave

Flashaholic*

Great! Thanks Dave.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 172021222324252627