Sky Lumen        
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Flashaholic* ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond's Avatar

Default Re: Anything new on the Cool Fall front?

Quote Originally Posted by lefteye219 View Post
    We are waiting :-)
    Why are you still waiting. The link was posted.......

^^Go easy, he only has one eye!
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

We are waiting :-)
    Did you see them? How do you like the pics after seeing the light in person? One of these pics you saw two weeks ago when you were here, I know, but a few I still had not taken yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    LOL, he has to tell us how he got that CPF ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Data View Post
    There's a thread for that: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...-your-CPF-name

Quote Originally Posted by ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond View Post
    Why are you still waiting. The link was posted.......
    Ah, I see, thanks... I was checking from cellphone so didn't realise a new thread was posted already :P

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    Hahaha Str8stroke, rightly said

Did you see them? How do you like the pics after seeing the light in person? One of these pics you saw two weeks ago when you were here, I know, but a few I still had not taken yet.

Yep, did see the pics first in cellphone and now saw them in full resolution in the desktop... Man the pics are really beautiful but the light in person is much more beautiful (to me ofcourse)... I recollect seeing one of the pics at your place.. The Springfield Knurl machine finish really looks awesome Dave...

And ofcourse, I did post on the thread how I chose the username :P
    My Lights

Now also on Instagram: lefteye219

I will post the sales thread for the 007 Sapphire tomorrow (Friday the 6th) at noon eastern USA time.

There are a multitude of various configurations. I have some parts ready. The first lights should go out next week. All the lights have Sapphire heads. I have some emitters here in stock and can get them quickly once I find out what people want. In stock emitters: XP-L-Hi is 6000K and 5000K, XM-L2 is 6000K and 5000K. If you know what you want please drop me an email ASAP (some of you already have). There is not really a default emitter for this light. If you are not sure what to get I recommend the XM-L2 as great for all around use. The various finishes are available and we have some of each ready. When they run out, it will not take long to make more because we have the process down. Of course the robot hiccupped the other day but I think it was a bad connector, you never know. In any case it should only take about three days to make any particular finish.

There is an Easter egg in this light and some of my CPF friends know what it is because they were at my place last week for a small get together. They are all sworn to secrecy. The first hints as to how to get to the Easter egg will be published here in about two weeks after the first lights ship. But here is the deal, if you find it before that time please talk to me before posting about it. The Easter egg is not a big deal, it is just for fun.

Just a little factoid: the 007 is at its 10 year anniversary from the date I first started its design. I am very excited to get these in your hands.

Cheers
    Dave

10 years - wow! The pre-dates my joining CPF by 3 years.

I really hope to be able to get one of these new Spy 007s. Don't think I'll be in the first round this time though so hopefully there will be enough to go around for some time to come.

Hey Dave, I sent you an email. My first two bounced but the third appears to have made it. Please let me know if you did not get it. And I have wanted one for 10 years, congrats on the long run! Here's to another 10!

the first
    Sapphire Easter Egg Hint
    will be published tomorrow

may the force be with you

please see the Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire thread for the hints

Cheers
    Dave

Hint #1:

what do these three movies have in common?

please respond over in this other thread: Introducing the SPY 007 Sapphire

Cheers
    Dave
    Last edited by Data; 06-01-2016 at 11:58 AM.

well well well, this thread has gone dead.... My visit to Dave's place was awesome and well I am in line for a drop of light hopefully coming soon
    My Lights

Now also on Instagram: lefteye219

well well well, this thread has gone dead.... My visit to Dave's place was awesome and well I am in line for a drop of light hopefully coming soon
    LOL, "he's not dead, he's just sleeping"

lefteye219 is correct, a new light from Cool Fall for the end of year holidays, the 005 is coming back.

It is a faithful reproduction of the original SPY 005 with the same hi polished head, crystal lens, hi polished curved and fit bezel ring, hi polished fluted knob, smooth fitted battery cap with release pin and a smooth oval soap dish in the body.

Where it is different from the original; all titanium body and battery cap, modern STFu Mk4 converter board, copper heat sink and MCPCB, XP-L-Hi emitter. The original 005 had an aluminum body that was black or natural hard anodized. This new 005 has a stone washed titanium body and battery cap. The knob, body and battery cap are extensively hand worked to be smooth and to minimize machining marks. The soap dish can still hold an O-ring.

More details soon.

Cheers
    Dave

The new 005 sounds very enticing. Just to clarify, is the head and the knob also Ti? In other words, is the whole light Ti?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    The new 005 sounds very enticing. Just to clarify, is the head and the knob also Ti? In other words, is the whole light Ti?
    Yes, the whole light is titanium.

LOL, "he's not dead, he's just sleeping"

lefteye219 is correct, a new light from Cool Fall for the end of year holidays, the 005 is coming back.

It is a faithful reproduction of the original SPY 005 with the same hi polished head, crystal lens, hi polished curved and fit bezel ring, hi polished fluted knob, smooth fitted battery cap with release pin and a smooth oval soap dish in the body.

Where it is different from the original; all titanium body and battery cap, modern STFu Mk4 converter board, copper heat sink and MCPCB, XP-L-Hi emitter. The original 005 had an aluminum body that was black or natural hard anodized. This new 005 has a stone washed titanium body and battery cap. The knob, body and battery cap are extensively hand worked to be smooth and to minimize machining marks. The soap dish can still hold an O-ring.

More details soon.

Cheers
    Dave
    I vote for no groove in the soapdish. This was one of the reasons I sold mine. Extra place for dust to accumulate and the edges were too sharp.

Sounds great. Thanks.
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

WOO HOO!!!! I'm in. Teaser pics? I've been using my 005 that Derek installed a 4500k XP-L HI into, and even at 1250mah it's sweet. A stonewashed Ti 005 with current internals will be awesome...
    Last edited by scout24; 08-31-2016 at 04:54 PM.
    Wildflower seeds on the sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home...

Quote Originally Posted by liteboy View Post
    I vote for no groove in the soapdish. This was one of the reasons I sold mine. Extra place for dust to accumulate and the edges were too sharp.
    No worries, the striations are not an option.

No worries, the striations are not an option.
    Are we speaking of the same thing, the oval groove for the o-ring?

Quote Originally Posted by liteboy View Post
    Are we speaking of the same thing, the oval groove for the o-ring?
    The oval groove is in the new light too. The new 005 retains that part of the original look. The edges of the groove are rounded by the stone washing.

The striations in the soap dish were a somewhat rare optional feature in a very few of the later 005s.

Cheers
    Dave

Flashaholic*

due to wanting a good level of water resistance ive never owned a spy; but from my years of lurking here i always found the 005 to be more visually appealing than the 007. cant quite put my finger on it but it seems to have a more retro look to it. hopefully that doesn't get lost now that it will be all out of titanium.

Flashaholic*

Will the new 005 be somewhat lighter than the 007?

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    Will the new 005 be somewhat lighter than the 007?
    Yes it is lighter and smaller than a 007.

Any pics and prices you can share yet?

Since toiling in the field and sleeping at night these past months, I have had opportunities very few to light up the night. My purchases have been sheds, tractors and farm equipment. I liken myself to Eddie Albert from the TV series of yore, "Green Acres". Nevertheless, over the many years of using SPYs, I have always treasured my three 005s. I have asked for the arrival of the new 005, and now, it seems, we are in the anticipation stage. The upcoming 005 will be my next purchase. I can barely wait....

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by stingray3 View Post
    Any pics and prices you can share yet?
    Not yet, but very soon.

Wow, It's almost been one full year since I got my TRI-V and I was planning on emailing you this week about your plans for a new light. And then you just happen to post about it today. I'm definitely interested in a retro style 005 light!

Flashaholic*

the more ive been thinking about the new 005 spy, the more I think maybe the inside of the oval would look better polished.
    Last edited by tab665; 09-09-2016 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tab665 View Post
    the more ive been thinking about the new 005 spy, the more I think maybe the inside of the oval would look better polished.
    Assuming that's not the default finish, I think it would be fairly easy for you (or any other owner who wanted that) to achieve it themselves. I would just use masking tape around the groove (so that's not polished) and then some metal polish and a duster for the groove itself.

If the stone-washed finish is rough, it might require first rubbing the groove with some very fine steel wool or a very fine sponge sanding pad.
    Last edited by easilyled; 09-10-2016 at 11:38 AM.

Flashaholic*

how are those pics coming along?

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111415161718192021222324252627 LastLast