Zebralight SC52W L2 Question

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
I wasn't sure where to put this... Here or general discussion.

Does anyone know if the Zebralight SC52W L2 would have enough room under the tailcap to put a small magnet? This light really fits what I'm looking for, minus the magnetic tailcap.

I want:
CR123 x1
200+ Lumen
Resessed button
Small enough to fit in my Maxpedition Micro
Magnetic tail cap
Preferably neutral tint

Thanks all!

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
First ..its AA not cr123 ...I've tried before with magnets didn't work u could try a larger but thin neodymium magnet glued to outside of tailcap ..not as aesthetically pleasing but does the job. ..

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
Touche, I thought this was the cr123 with the AA option. Thanks for the info though!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wasn't sure where to put this... Here or general discussion.

Does anyone know if the Zebralight SC52W L2 would have enough room under the tailcap to put a small magnet? This light really fits what I'm looking for, minus the magnetic tailcap.

I want:
CR123 x1
200+ Lumen
Resessed button
Small enough to fit in my Maxpedition Micro
Magnetic tail cap
Preferably neutral tint

Thanks all!

Tailcap? CR123? Are you sure the SC52 is the light you want?

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
S10 Baton, except for that recessed button.

I don't think there's enough room for a magnet in the SC52 tail.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Candlepowerforums mobile app

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
I like the s10 except for that button. It's too easily pushed in my EDC setup.

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
Tailcap? CR123? Are you sure the SC52 is the light you want?

No actually, I'm not. I don't have anyplace local to check it out so I've never seen it. Hence the post ☺

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
Actually I think I was originally thinking about the Zebralight SC80 if this clears up some confusion

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually I think I was originally thinking about the Zebralight SC80 if this clears up some confusion

They don't sell that anymore, nor any CR123 design afaik.

BTW, Zebralight SC52 is pretty good at getting a lot of light out of a AA NiMH battery, better than many CR123 lights.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, Zebralight SC52 is pretty good at getting a lot of light out of a AA NiMH battery, better than many CR123 lights.

ZL's spec sheets certainly compete well with 3V class lights (1xCR123 and 2xAA), but not really in actual performance. Just overlay Selfbuilt's SC52 output/runtime graphs onto his 3V class graphs.... you can even use the L91 graph which has about as much as energy as a CR123 or 2 NiMh.

(the new TN Neutron looks like it has a good shot against a CR123 though)

toughCookie

Newly Enlightened
the only light that I know of which has a magnet in its tail is DQG think these run off a single AAA battery althought off the top of my head they did do an AA version.

As for the use of AA and CR123, you could look into the ThruNite saber 1A 2014 (which some packages comes with the 1C body...i.e, two bodies one head). Then install a magnet yourself with a product called sugru.

I have the Zebralight SC52W as well. Great light, very bright on AA! The only annoy thing is the light flashes when it's low on battery. Also how the hell do you select strobe mode?

Last edited:

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the newer version, triple click to activate strobe. Once it's going, just double click to set the type of flashing mode (beacon, strobe, blink, etc)

On the old version, you have to select the flashing mode as a "high" sub-mode. (There is no fast strobe on the older version.) After you do that, selecting "high" will always default to H1 (280 lumens), and then you have to double-click to select the H2 "blinking flash" mode.

It's complicated, but I actually prefer the old version because I absolutely hate strobes and blinkies.

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
the only light that I know of which has a magnet in its tail is DQG think these run off a single AAA battery althought off the top of my head they did do an AA version.

As for the use of AA and CR123, you could look into the ThruNite saber 1A 2014 (which some packages comes with the 1C body...i.e, two bodies one head). Then install a magnet yourself with a product called sugru.

I have the Zebralight SC52W as well. Great light, very bright on AA! The only annoy thing is the light flashes when it's low on battery. Also how the hell do you select strobe mode?

You are reading my mind, I was thinking about sugru for this. So is this light worth it? I'm looking for EDC, it's the right size, and I can just add the magnet. Is there anything on the horizon that I don't know about?

earthlight

Newly Enlightened
I received my Olight S15 yesterday. Seems like a great little lamp and the magnet in the tail is really strong. I am a happy camper.

BugOutBob

Newly Enlightened
I received my Olight S15 yesterday. Seems like a great little lamp and the magnet in the tail is really strong. I am a happy camper.

I wish I wasn't so hung up on the switch, I hate the switch. Maybe I'd feel different seeing it in person, but the blue is ugly and I need something recessed.