Surefire upgrade questions from the new guy

CHUCKW

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, I'm the new guy.

I've got a couple of Surefire G2Z flashlights (hard plastic material) and an old 6P (all aluminum body) that I'd like to upgrade to LED with about 300+ lumens and good throw. What drop in lamps would you recommend and would I need to change the bezels to aluminum on the G2Zs? I heard somewhere that the higher power lamps get hot and require aluminum bezels. I don't want to spend too much on these flashlights since they are old and inexpensive anyway. Thanks.

DrafterDan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The easy way would be to find one of the inexpensive dropins from ebay. Unfortunately their lumens ratings are a bit over inflated. 300 lumens isn't too much, shouldn't be a problem in G2 material. A typical xml2 cam put out 1,000 lumens when given good batteries and driven properly.
Maybe look at the Sportac offerings? I got a decent triple led dropin for about $35

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed, the Sportac drop ins (offered on GoingGear's website at a good price) make great upgrades. Also, check out EDC Plus - they have some P60 LED units that are around $40 and are built very well.

Latest posts