• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (found): AW SoftStart

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for an AW SoftStart for SureFire. Either Version A or B is okay. Let me know if you've got one you can sell and PM me with price.

Last edited:

double0thirteen

Newly Enlightened
Re: WTB: AW SoftStart

From the photos, it looks similar to a stock switch (Mag).
How hard is it to modify the stock switch?
Just an idea, maybe we can approach someone willing to do a small run for a fee of course. I for one would like to have 4 at the very least 2. There is another CPF member who is looking for one, too.
With 160+ views on your thread and 30+ on mine, might be possible to get a critical mass to make it worth while for the modder.
Let me know what you think?!

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I don't know how the AW SoftStart is anything like a Mag switch. It is designed to fit in SureFire tailcaps. I've approached AW in the past and he hasn't been interested in another run. The question would be it it is cost competitive to have a new run done. I'm willing to pay aftermarket prices on a rarer item here, but don't know how much more I can go for multiple quantities.

Like I mentioned in the FM Sales thread Mattaus is going working on a SoftStart type switch but it will be one level, not 3. If that will work for you then maybe your problem is solved.

double0thirteen

Newly Enlightened

I don't know how the AW SoftStart is anything like a Mag switch. It is designed to fit in SureFire tailcaps. I've approached AW in the past and he hasn't been interested in another run. The question would be it it is cost competitive to have a new run done. I'm willing to pay aftermarket prices on a rarer item here, but don't know how much more I can go for multiple quantities.

Like I mentioned in the FM Sales thread Mattaus is going working on a SoftStart type switch but it will be one level, not 3. If that will work for you then maybe your problem is solved.

The switch I have in mind is the one in this post, although the OP is not 100% sure.
Wish you luck in your search :thumbsup:

cbsmith111

Newly Enlightened

I think I saw an old thread by aw selling a mag d switch replacement with a soft start and kui socket. Not sure if that's it or not.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes - AW SoftStart was available for SureFire and Mag. Neither are available now new.

Just to clarify I am looking for the AW SoftStart for SureFire lights. Any available version will be fine for me.

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened

Sorry for offending your delicate sensibilities, Sir.

I shall leave you to your thread.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not really perceived, is more like outright taken as a thread hijack. What does this have to do with my WTB purchase request?

Use the SEARCH function of the forum.
Find the actual CPF threads that have to do with the switch you are looking.

Took me 30 seconds to find by searching for "AW SoftStart Mag".
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Incan-Driver-Soft-Start-amp-Multi-Brightness