How do YOU prefer to access M1/M2 on a Zebralight?

How do you access medium from off on a Zebralight?

• Click and hold

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • Double click

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • It varies/don't care

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

jak

Enlightened
From the off position, what's your typical method of accessing M1/M2 on a Zebralight?

I listed "It varies/don't care" for those that either choose an option dependent upon a certain situation, or that don't really notice or care that much.
Please don't select "/don't care" if you don't own a Zebralight, or consider this survey irrelevant.

I would edit that option to simply just "It varies" if I had that kind of moderating power, but I don't.

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
High- quick click.
Low- hold switch to one count then release switch.
Med- hold switch to count of one-one thousand and then release switch.

The count to one-one thousand is also the way I pace all my back swings of a golf club. Sometimes I will practice my backswing pace using medium. I will setup with my ZL simulating the club and then I will press and hold the switch, releasing the switch at the top of my back swing. My usual errors are on the side of light still being in low. :shakehead

markr6

Flashaholic
Good question. Usually a double click for me too. I'm too lazy to wait for the hold, even though it makes more sense so you're not blinded with H1.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Situationally dependent. If I'm in a situation where I'm not going to be blinded by the flash on high, I double click. If it will blind me temporarily, I click and hold.

For example, if it's daytime and I'm indoors and there are lights on but I need to look behind a desk or in a closet, there's enough ambient light that the flash of high isn't going to bother me. If however I'm outside, it's dark, and I'm walking along the side of my house, that burst of high is going to make me see stars for a few seconds and I'll likely be tripping over the garden hose as I'm adjusting. In that situation, I click and hold.

dofty

Newly Enlightened
I think it would be better for me, if Zebralight could turn on M by single click and H by double click.

markr6

Flashaholic
Could be getting off topic, but why don't they, or any other manufacturer, basically kill the UI war by using a "sliding" switch. I'm not sure what to call it, but think of a Dermel variable speed tool. Of course, not that big, but I'm sure there's a way to make this work on a mid-large light.

One click to moonlight...fast swipe all the way up for max mode, everything in between. And if they want to specify runtimes/output, it doesn't have to be variable...rather 3 or 4 "clicks" between off and high.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's effectively what the variable control ring lights do though I agree that a thumb ramp that could be operated with one hand would be awesome. One concern with a slide switch would be accidental activation. I can see it ramping up to high as I slide it in my pocket.