UBH + E2C (3-cell configuration) + ??? Bezel

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Now that I have the UBH and the E2C, which bezel can I use with all 3-cells? Does the C3 bezel fit the E2C adapter? I'm assuming the C3 bezel will work with 3-cells.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i believe the c3 will fitit will.

but i would suggest the an m bezel to benifit from the shock isolation.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I read somewhere that the C3 and C2 bezel were the same. I don't have a P90 or P91 to test it though. That would be great if that's the case, since I already have several C2-HA bezels. I guess I could always order a P90/P91 and try it.

zackhugh

Enlightened
From what I can tell from Sableco's website, the Z44 is a C2/C3 HA bezel. I ordered one elsewhere along with a P90 and P91. I figured this bezel would be OK since the pyrex lens could handle the heat. You might check with Roy since he has these parts for his UBH Spy Kit.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Nascar,

Your C2 bezel will accept the P90 or P91, no problem. I currently have that combo on a McLux long tail (3x123) and it works fine!
grin.gif

- Don

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
I tried to do a runtime plot on a UBH-P91 and was not very pleased with the results. Look in the Reviews Forum for the plot. After about six minutes on, the batteries shut down. The flashlight was too hot to touch!!! I think that the batteries probably shut down on thermal overload. I don't know if this is only a problem with the Brass UBH or not. We'll have to let someone with a Al. UBH try a runtime with a P91 and see how they do.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Roy:
....After about six minutes on, the batteries shut down. The flashlight was too hot to touch!!! I think that the batteries probably shut down on thermal overload. I don't know if this is only a problem with the Brass UBH or not. We'll have to let someone with a Al. UBH try a runtime with a P91 and see how they do.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Brass is a significantly more efficient heat conductor than aluminum so it's probably transferring heat to the batteries faster than they can dissipate it, and even though the E2C is a good heatsink it can't dump heat fast enough to avoid saturating the brass body. For extended runs you may have to stick with P90's.

Brightnorm

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
How was the runtime test done - leave the UBH w E2C & P91 lie somewhere - think so as Ron is measuring output as well. How would a 9P w P91 do in that scenario ? I think holding the light in your hand would dissipate heat better as well.

I´m not too convinced this would happen just with that specific combo - while the brass might well worsen the heat from bulb to cells effect.

Klaus

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Here is my famous runtime test set-up!
tongue.gif

test-rig.jpg

Here is the light shield inplace:

test-rig2.jpg

When I tested the UBH-P91 I did have the light shield in place. I did take it off when I tested the UBH-P90. I don't know if you can see or not, but the UBH is not resting on the table. The switch is propped up in order to center the light on the photocell.