Quark QTA-X Not Working

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a QTA-X as my EDC for the last 6 months or so. Originally bought it as a QT2A-X and ordered a separate 1-AA Body.

Roughly 3 weeks ago I would get random occurrences where the light would not come on when pressing/clicking the tail cap, it then progressed to not working at all unless I unscrewed the head/tail cap from the body and then put one or the other back on the body, and now no matter what I do the light will not work. I have recently tried putting the head and tail cap back on the unused QT2A body with 2 eneloop batteries just to remove any other possibilities and still no luck.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
Clean it! Anywhere that a battery terminal touches, clean it with denatured alcohol (or similar cleaner). Heck, just clean everything. This has fixed all my flashlight problems at least 98% of the time........ :)

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
With the tailcap off, use a piece of tinfoil to bridge the neg batt. terminal to the bare tube edge - if the light works then it's probably what the guys above have said... Cleaning, the clip retaining ring needs tightening, and lastly (not mentioned) the retaining disk surrounding the spring in the tail cap (stick needle nose pliers in the two holes. Might be worth cleaning under that disk too.

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
Have you tightened down the pocket clip retaining ring?

Pocket clip retaining ring is tightened down.

Clean it! Anywhere that a battery terminal touches, clean it with denatured alcohol (or similar cleaner). Heck, just clean everything. This has fixed all my flashlight problems at least 98% of the time........ :)

Just went through and cleaned all the threads and areas in which the battery terminal touches (i assume that would be the inside of the head, threads, and tail cap spring, and threads).

Threw in a fresh 14500 and still no luck. :(

I guess this is one of those 2% cases.

Any other suggestions?

UnderPar

Enlightened
Use the 10 year warranty that FourSevens is offering. Send it back to them for a possible replacement or repair

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pocket clip retaining ring is tightened down.

Just went through and cleaned all the threads and areas in which the battery terminal touches (i assume that would be the inside of the head, threads, and tail cap spring, and threads).

Threw in a fresh 14500 and still no luck. :(

I guess this is one of those 2% cases.

Any other suggestions?
I believe there is a problem with the driver or something. Two neutral QT2A-X here. One died and only gives a quick and dim blip, and then nothing whenever I tried to switch it on. The other one is always flickering on high. Both cleaned and tail cap tightened but problem still persisted.

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
Good to know thanks for the info pjandyho.

I have an email into Foursevens to see about warranty on this light; I have only had it since February of this year.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an email into Foursevens to see about warranty on this light; I have only had it since February of this year.

It's a 10 year warranty, so you should have no issues. I am interested to know if they will pay for you to ship it back to them, or if they make you pay shipping. I have bought most of my 4sevens lights directly from their website, but shipping them back to them for warranty repair is costly from outside the US.

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
It's a 10 year warranty, so you should have no issues. I am interested to know if they will pay for you to ship it back to them, or if they make you pay shipping. I have bought most of my 4sevens lights directly from their website, but shipping them back to them for warranty repair is costly from outside the US.

I am hoping they will cover the shipping costs; especially since the light is only 6 months old.

Will definitely let you know about that one.

0nikudaki

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to update this... Shipped out my light to 4Sevens today; customer service said they would refund me the cost of shipping it once they received the light.