WebCam Recommendations ???

jtice

Flashaholic
I have decided to get a WebCam. I have two great digital cameras, and a vidio camera, with a video capture card.
But, especially with the video, this is a BIG PITA to make a quick vid to show someone something.
So, I decided I will get a webcam to show quick vids and such.

Heres what I need from it: Most important, is good vid quality. With not having to have ALOT of light.
Good frame rate, without all that jerking.
Compatibility with yahoo, msn, and AOL messengers.
VERY EASY and QUICK one button puish, for a quick snap shot.
Godd software, thats fairly easy to use.

I dont want to spend a LOT on this. Seeing how if I want something done RIGHT I will use one of my good cams. I need to keep it under $80.
But I dont want junk either. I thought I could get auto focus, but that seems out of the question.

Anyone have a webcam they really like? Let me know what you think. And the average price for it.

Thanks for thee help.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
logitech 4000 i had it loved it very very good inlow light check the many reviews online i payed 100 but im surre it canbe found for less
prices andcam

jtice

Flashaholic
Wow thanks rraggie.
I hadnt had time to froogle it yet.
Cheaper than I thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The 4000 was one of the main ones I was looking at.
You should give me a demonstration some time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe make a small vid with it, that I could download? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well i was playing with a web cam for aquirium and it fell in its broke now.but it was amazeing it was the second cam i used on my rat cam first one sucked lol. 4000 almost worked in no light usaly just the light from a tv that was in same room was enough it can capture stills at like 1.3 megapixels if i recall and capture 640x480 at 30 fps o and had this cool feature where with software it follwed ya face cam didnt move its self it did it in software some how also had decent mic

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I had an Intel Create and share PC webcam years ago. It had a very clear picture whereas others all had a pinkish hue.
I noticed other people with the Intel cam had a nice picture too.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
BlindTiger said:
I had an Intel Create and share PC webcam years ago. It had a very clear picture whereas others all had a pinkish hue.
I noticed other people with the Intel cam had a nice picture too.

[/ QUOTE ]
another good choice but they quit makeing them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif. but maybe a ebay item

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
jtice....hmmmm, a friend recently (actually a couple friends!) sent me a nice "gift" and totally suprised me. I feel it's my turn!

I've got that Intel camera and software. Now if I can find the box & documentation...it's yours if you want to try it out? I'll even pay for shipping!

Let me know if it's something you want to check out and if so...Happy Holidays!

raggie33

*the raggedier*
[ QUOTE ]
Sigman said:
jtice....hmmmm, a friend recently (actually a couple friends!) sent me a nice "gift" and totally suprised me. I feel it's my turn!

I've got that Intel camera and software. Now if I can find the box & documentation...it's yours if you want to try it out? I'll even pay for shipping!

Let me know if it's something you want to check out and if so...Happy Holidays!

[/ QUOTE ]
thats so cool sigman jtice will love that cam .that very nice of you to do

jtice

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif wow, That is VERY generous of you !

I dont know anything about the Intel cams.
I do know, if I am going to get one, I should go all out, cuz, I will be picky about the vid quality. lol

Thats why I have been looking at the Logitec 4000.

While your offer is .... amazingly nice and generous, I wouldnt feel right. I suppose I could borrow it, and if I liked it buy it from you. I found that Logitac for about $60, which is probably worth it. How does the Intel compare to one like the Logitec 4000?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I don't know about the Logitec...all I'm saying is that if you want to check this out - you like it - it's yours - no charge! You don't like it - pass it on for someone else to check out.

I liked it, but found I didn't have a need for it. Tried sending video to my sister. She's computer illiterate, so that didn't work out. None of my family are, oh let's say "up to it" (alot like my sister!). I sent a few video postcards, they loved them...but again, well I've said it already!

If you want to try it, just PM your address to me and it'll be on it's way. Well, I've found the software - but still looking for the docs & box. I think I know where the docs are...

Maybe it'll make a nice cam to set up so you can post a view of your neighbor's house on the web? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW, have you checked out the variety of webcams that are out there? AMAZING!! Some that let you aim & zoom the camera...I was looking at a parking deck in Germany - aiming the camera, zooming it in and out...then off to Japan looking at Mt. Fuji...you can literally take a tour of the world at your desktop. I like looking, but don't have anything exciting to show! If raggie can show his rats, I guess I could show our cockatiels..not gonna' happen!

DrGwat

Newly Enlightened
I have two of these Intel Pro Webcams in my classroom. My students and I mostly use them for making time-lapse videos of plants, insects, and aquarium inhabitants. They're very good with low light levels. They're also handy for capturing images via motion sensing. The bundled software lets you save images to computer or send them to an email address as they are captured. Kids have used them to photograph animals visiting the garden during the night. I've used them to catch students doing things they shouldn't have been doing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif No audio though.
Very simple and useful.