LED modified indoor water fountain

Mikael

Newly Enlightened
Hi all.
I recently discovered you (the candlepower forums), and have been reading around a bit. But when I saw the red/orange LED modified hairdryer, I thought to myself: Why not show you my latest creation?

I have made a small indoor water fountain, and equipped it with a bunch of submerged LEDs. Then I added a homemade LED controller, making the fountain smoothly fade from one colour to another. Take a look here:
LED Fader 2

Among other files, there are two videos. The first one is the fountain in action. The colour shifting is normally quite a bit slower, but in order to limit the filesize, I speeded things up for the movie.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Very nice mod, is the white "rock" part of the fountain synthetic? Thanks

-Mike

stockwiz

Enlightened
quite impressive. It seems software upgradable flashlights and flashlight accessories will be the wave of the future for flashoholics around the world. Just hook the light up to your computer with a USB cable and let the modifications begin.

Mikael

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Xrunner said:
is the white "rock" part of the fountain synthetic?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is a genuine natural product (and quite expensive too). I don't know what it is called in english. Perhaps it is "Rock crystal", but I am not sure. Is there anything called that?
Anyway, it is a big cluster of a lot of transparent, colourless quartz crystals.

The sphere on top of it is of the same kind of crystals, but it is shaped and polished into a perfectly round ball, to allow it to spin around freely on top of the water outlet.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, very cool! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

sometimes modding non-lights can be even more fun than modding lights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lillie M. Mayhugh

Newly Enlightened
Wow! that sounds amazing. I have seen solar and electric water fountains but, water fountain with LED must be very different.....I'w like to have a look at one of those....