"Simple?" LED project

Ahpoon168

Newly Enlightened
First time here.

I've got about 24 low power LED candles that operate on 1- CR2032 battery each. I've got an LED Driver that outputs constant current at 350mA at .5-7.2 volts or constant voltage at 8.5 volts with less than 300mA. This is a project to see if I can use items in my house to string all these candles together to one switch and plug for power.

Based on the limitations of my raw materials I believe I need to wire these in parallel, but how do I drop the voltage and current so as not to blowup all my candles?

Thanks.

JohnR66

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!
Do the candles flicker or are they steady? The ones that flicker have a little micro controller encapsulated right in the epoxy of the LED and this will not allow them to be used as you wish. You can replace the LED with a standard amber one which would allow you to parallel them. Current sharing can be an issue in paralleling but I do it all the time with little issue.

Ahpoon168

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply, JohnR66. They are the flickering variety. Looks like I'll have to go and get some LEDs.

I guess once I get my new LEDs that will change the current requirements. But let's say I got nonflickering LEDs with similar power consumption. How would I regulate the LED driver I already have?

DIWdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, it's far simpler than that. All you need is a 3V regulator, then you can parallel as many as you want, from one to however many you have current for.