New light at Sportsmansguide.com

Illuminated

Enlightened
Anyone yet purchased the former of those two yet?

I'm still looking for something 4AA to put my incan regulator in. The head on that one looks roomy enough from the pic...and if the switch is a multi-contact type - I could probably leave the LED modes functional as-is! Hummm...

THX - John

freewheelin'

Enlightened
I found a guy on ebay selling the second rechargable model made by Nuwai you mentioned. emailed him and he said "$53.00 shipped, how many you want?"
He's at [email protected].
Mine should be here soon.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Illuminated

I think you have a great mod regarding your regulator, I am planning to get me one also for the Cold Cathode Fluorescent, Led, Xenon Flashlight.

Mine has plenty of room behind the leds for the regulator and so far it is a great purchase, out of the box it overpowered my E2 and Scorpion with more throw and brightness, and the leds are bright and well matched, it has 3 or 6 leds on and the fluorescent is very nice to light up a room.

It is waterproof and it floats, well it leaked a little tiny drop in 2 foot of water from the Fluorescent cover but took care of that with some clear silicone it is unnoticeable and now I have took it to 3 feet of water with no problem.

Maybe you should consider it as an option for your regulator, good light, May I ask how much did you pay for your regulator? I see on the page that it costs $20 but I read you specifically ordered to be 3.8V for the carley bulb, was there additional charge?

Edit: Oops! didn´t want to highjack the thread, sorry!
icon15.gif
twak.gif

StevieRay

Enlightened
Originally posted by freewheelin':
I found a guy on ebay selling the second rechargable model made by Nuwai you mentioned. emailed him and he said "$53.00 shipped, how many you want?"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Check this guys feedback before you buy. I had a bad experience with him.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Originally posted by freewheelin':
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ordered Thur. Feb 13 and got it Tues. the 18.
smile.gif
Great light, with 3 LED's on its brighter than my ARC LE, with all 6 LED's slightly brighter than my ARC LS, with the xenon it's really Scorpion like, as bright, white as my E2e but adjustable. At a wide flood you get artifacts from the LED slots but they're not too bad. I'm going to EDC awhile and get back to you.

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Not that I'm aware. I do know he sells both models i.e. reghargable and non. After going to TheLightSite and reading your review of Xenergy 3 in 1 I realized this light is the same light only rechargable Xenergy package too.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
What size cells does the non-rechargable one take? And what is up with that 3.6V 1200mAH Ni-Cd Rechargable Battery? That's a pretty low capacity, isn't it?

freewheelin'

Enlightened
Quickbeam has a review if the non rechargeable xenergy 3 in 1 on his site thelightsight.cruxial.com with all the info.

bmsmith

Enlightened
Whelp I got my light from goldenpsx (actually it was goldenlite888, but I think it's the same guy) and my light (AN-606) has multiple problems.
#1 The battery pack is completely dead. Reads 0 volts. The instructions state the pack should be charged. But 0 volts to me means it is either dead with a bad cell (or cells) or the contacts are broken.
#2 The front bezel has a dent in it. I have no idea how to cause such a dent. Massive force would be needed. The aluminum actually looks stressed at the dent location. The rear tailcap also has a minor scuff/dent in it as well. The main body seems to be ok.
#3 After leaving the charger plugged in without the battery for about 20 minutes, it seems the charger has died (or the wall transformer died). It used to have a green LED, now it shows nothing. The wall transformer was slightly warm so I unplugged it. I'll try it later after it cools.

Wow is this flashlight dead or what?!! I emailed the guy so now I get to see how his replacement policy works (or if he has one).

- Brian

Gadgetman7

Enlightened
Cabela's has the Xenergy rechargeable for $59.99 and the 3 volt Lithium for $34.99. I just ordered one of each. Should be here tomorrow. I'll post an let you know about the battery pack.

StevieRay

Enlightened
" Whelp I got my light from goldenpsx (actually it was goldenlite888, but I think it's the same guy) and my light (AN-606) has multiple problems."

Good luck. My experience with this guy was not good. I am out $13.00 in shipping charges. I got a defective piece of crap light from him and ask that he at least split the shipping charges. No response and very poor communication. Look at his negative feedback under goldenlite888 and goldenspx. They are one and the same. I know that some of you are pleased with him, but you were just lucky.

bmsmith

Enlightened
Just a quick update to my post above. I received the replacement AN-606 from Jack (goldenpsx & goldenlite888 on eBay) and it is perfect. It is happily charging its battery right now.

So, I can honestly say that my experience with goldenpsx was very positive. He quickly replaced my damaged flashlight with another brand new one. I paid for shipping of the damaged one back to him and he paid for shipping for the new one back to me once he recieved the damaged one. He was brief but courteous in his emails and apologized for the inconvenience.

- Brian

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i don't use ebay anymore. if you have a problem you're totally at the mercy of the seller. paypal won't do anything and ebay sure as hell isn't either. saving a buck doesn't mean squat when you get ripped off.