Good all around key chain and pocket light

Tim_B

Newly Enlightened
Hi all and Merry X Mass.
I must admit that I recently became obsessed with flashlights. (last week)
I am new to this forum and new to my obsession of flashlights.
I recently got the Arc LS with the AA battery holder on sale from Arc for 59$. Is this the premium one, w/the brighter light? I think my next light will be the Arc AAA premium. Anyway, what should be my next investment? I kind of like the SF E2E, or the L4. How about a modified light?
I first want a light that will be my personal carry around light. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to this obsession and want to get up to speed as quickly as possible.
TIA
Tim.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
welcome to the forum tim ,im sure ya willget lots of good ideas from the cpf members ya started of with a great lite

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi-

For Keychain any of the ARC-AAA's or the Photon II or III

A little bit bigger EDC (Every Day Carry) using a single 123 cell, ARC-LS series or maybe the Surefire E1e with KL4 head or if you can find one on B/S/T a custom firefly.

Pocket carry (two 123 cells) a Surefire L4 or E2e

From my point of view if you have an ARC-AAA, ARC-LS and a Surefire E2e (buy a 5 watt KL4 head for it later) you are a well covered Flashaholic. These three will cover 95% of my needs, with the last 5% covered with any 3 lithium cell flashlight (SF C3 or M3 or SL TL-3)

GregR

Prolepsis

Enlightened
Hi Tim_B,

Welcome! If you want to get up to speed quickly, there are a ton of past posts you can read up on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I read for a few weeks before I signed up recently.

Regarding your question above, the LSL you have (from the sale) is not the premium version--it is the standard version (should say LSL-S or something like that on the light). It is still a great light though, IMO.

An ARC AAA would probably work well as a key chain light. I'm going to get one soon too, as soon as they have them in stock. In the meantime, I ordered an AA and will be getting that soon. From what others have said, the increased size for the AA makes it to be a more "pocketable" light than the AAA (more of a "put on your keychain" light).

Cheers,
eric t

Tim_B

Newly Enlightened
Do you think it is worth it to exchange my Arc-LSL for the Arc-LSH Premium?
I would have to fork over about 90$ more.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tim B, first Welcome to CPF!! I would save your money and enjoy the Arc-LSL. Since you are just getting into the hobby, you will be getting TONS more lights. You got too good a deal to get rid of it. You may regret it later if you do.

Geode

Enlightened
Tim_B,

I agree with Big Ed - you got in on a great deal (so did I) and the LSL is a tremendous flashlight. Save your money and read up. If you want another Arc, the LS4 is scheduled to come out early next year.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
[ QUOTE ]
Tim_B said:
I think my next light will be the Arc AAA premium. Anyway, what should be my next investment? I kind of like the SF E2E, or the L4. How about a modified light?

[/ QUOTE ]
--------------------
Yes to all 3 of these! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (I'm not joking!)

balticvid

Newly Enlightened
Sig is right...get all 3.....
And it's your own fault cause you just happened to name
three great lights.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/santa.gif

Make it a gift from Santa.

(No I'm not Santa)