NiteCore EA8 - marks around the bezel - help

vikingr

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I've just received from Amazon my NiteCore EA8. The light work fine (as far as I can tell after briefly checking).

However, there are reddish-brown marks all around the bezel, looks to be behind the glass.

Is this glue? Or rust from the stainless steel bezel?

What should I do, have it replaced by Amazon? Or will the next one show marks too?

Is it a big deal or not (maybe regarding waterproofness - as I will be using the light in rain for walking the dog, camping, geocaching, emergencies etc.)?

IMG_2564.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
i cant see anyhing.
plez marke the spots with

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is very strange. Was it sold by Amazon or by an Amazon Trader?

Can you see anything under the rest of the glass, or just this part round the seal?

Is it definitely under the glass?

It looks like the bezel has some marks on it as well.

vikingr

Newly Enlightened
That is very strange. Was it sold by Amazon or by an Amazon Trader?

Can you see anything under the rest of the glass, or just this part round the seal?

Is it definitely under the glass?

It looks like the bezel has some marks on it as well.

It was sold by Amazon directly.

The rest of the glass seems clear.

It seems to be on the underside of the glass.

I noticed the marks on the bezel too, near the glass.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Back to your original question, it won't be glue or rust. It looks a bit like a 'Friday afternoon job' as far as ultimate finishing goes, but if the light is working perfectly, you have to ask yourself if it is worth returning. Being Amazon, the returns procedure tends to be pretty good, and it might well be worth getting it swapped out.

The brown marks and the bezel is not what I would expect to see on a NITECORE. The EA8 I have is nothing like that, see here for proof:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?358879-NITECORE-EA8-Caveman-Review-(8-4xAA)

vikingr

Newly Enlightened
Back to your original question, it won't be glue or rust. It looks a bit like a 'Friday afternoon job' as far as ultimate finishing goes, but if the light is working perfectly, you have to ask yourself if it is worth returning. Being Amazon, the returns procedure tends to be pretty good, and it might well be worth getting it swapped out.

The brown marks and the bezel is not what I would expect to see on a NITECORE. The EA8 I have is nothing like that, see here for proof:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?358879-NITECORE-EA8-Caveman-Review-(8-4xAA)

Thanks. Currently on the phone with Amazon to sort it out.

vikingr

Newly Enlightened
OK.

Amazon was ace. They would have taken the light back and reimbursed me or sent a new one (though with long delivery time). They even offered a 5 EUR voucher.

But in the end I decided to keep this torch. I don't wanna baby it, it will be used hard. So this should not be a big deal.

I have enough real problems as it is, so I don't need to create some on my own. (Apparently I am not a flashlight fanatic yet :p )

Overall I see this as cosmetic manko, and soon enough the light will have dings and scratches anyway.