Fenix PD35 (2014) vs. Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition

Wrecked

Enlightened
Other than the obvious difference (960lumens vs. 740lumens) what are the major differences between these lights? I really don't see any and I'm wondering why someone would pick the PD32 when the PD35 has more lumens. I don't know a ton about lights so please excuse my ignorance.

I was going to grab the PD35 just because it had more lumens but maybe there is more to it....

Wrecked

Enlightened
Thanks. Not sure what a Vihn modded PD35 would be.....
Looks like neither can tail stand - that's a bummer. Might have to take a closer look at the Nitecore P12 for that although I really like Fenix's stuff.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix UC40 can tailstand, and has a good high. Plus, it IS rechargeable via USB (but can't run off USB or be on and charging) .

What are you using they light for?

Wrecked

Enlightened
Huh. Never heard of that one! The light will sit in the glove box of my car for no particular purpose except probably emergencies.

Wrecked

Enlightened
I think I have a solution. I'll just carry my Quark AA2 in the glove box too. Then I can have a tail stander if I need one!
Why is it that I feel the need to have 2 flashlights in every drawer?........

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vinh PD35vn has 988 out the front lumens with 29,000 lux when running Sony VTC5 18650's.
I have one and I absolutly love it!
He also makes the PD35vn in an XML2 triple! All flood light with 3xXML2 LED's :)

Wrecked

Enlightened
Do you think the PD35/32 make good glove box lights? I'm trying to think of situations when I'll need it.

stienke

Enlightened
Do you think the PD35/32 make good glove box lights? I'm trying to think of situations when I'll need it.

Why not? , use CR123 batteries due cold/hot temperature inside the car and not a 18650 battery , you can store the light for years and grab it when needed.
Maybe you can use a cheaper light for glove box use.

Wrecked

Enlightened
Thanks. I was just wondering if I might need something with more throw but I think I read that I wouldn't be able to find something with more throw in the same size as the PD35.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Vinh's lights Wrecked.
He has a couple lights the same size as the PD with 100K + throw.
I carry my PD35 clipped to my pocket every day.

tyxxvxl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go back to the main page and look under custom modified flashlights the vinhnguyen. Clic on his name and find the thread V54 light list. That is the list of the current lights he has. Click on the link to look at any light.
And if you have any questions about anything post it in the lounge or the spesific thread :)

Wrecked

Enlightened
How would you compare the throw of the PD35VN with the regular PD35? Big difference?

EDIT: Just noticed that they only take 18650s. I was trying to avoid going down that road.....

Last edited:

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tail-stand capability, low battery/voltage indicator, moonlight mode, strobe memory.

buds224

Enlightened
Depends on usage. I have both. I use the PD32UE when lighting the way; neutral, wider beam is better for night walks. If I need more throw to point out something, or search for something, the PD35 is more suited for that. Also, as an owner of the original PD32, my accessories feel at home on the PD32UE. I think they are just catching up on accessories for the PD35 with the lamp attachment and a red wand.