Eagletac Mystery

ike1985

Enlightened
Eagletac TX25C2vn has been working fine up until last night. I used it for a second, turned it off, turned it back on and it would not come on. The led would just sputter with flashes in the very low lumen range (approximately 2-10 lumens). I tried all my batteries, none would work. Nothing I did to the light would make it function last night. This morning I woke up, put a battery in it, it works although I cannot be sure it is actually putting out the 1400+ lumens it is supposed to since I cannot measure it. It looks like it is. What is going on? My threads are not that dirty and I use deoxit, deoxit gold and nyogel to care for the light.

Last edited:

lightmyfire13

Enlightened
Maybe the internal part of tailcap came loose and was tightened after replacing battery also the retaining ring that holds the clip would sometimes loosen causing the tailcap not to close properly..more likely with unprotected batteries. ..shorter length. ..

ike1985

Enlightened
Maybe the internal part of tailcap came loose and was tightened after replacing battery also the retaining ring that holds the clip would sometimes loosen causing the tailcap not to close properly..more likely with unprotected batteries. ..shorter length. ..

Checked the retaining ring that holds the clip, it was not that. Good point though I will watch for that in the future.

A few weeks ago the tailcap spring came out when I was cleaning the light, it was extremely difficult to get back in, but I eventually did and got it working.

I use both protected (panny 3400) and unprotected (vtc5) in this light and both work and worked fine before and after this weird problem.

ike1985

Enlightened
Could running a VTC5(non button top) in this light cause it to malfunction or break due to the little clear plastic ring for reverse polarity protection? This light is supposed to be run with button top.

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, of course. Look inside the head.

Also, you have to keep the head threads very clean.
Use a bunch of moist q-tips to thoroughly clean the threads.

Last edited:

Latest posts