Fun with the newer HDS UI

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I know I'm not the only one to be having fun with the candle mode and actually using it for lighting the trail, but if you haven't tried it yet, and enjoy pretending you're carrying a forward projecting lamp like they show in the samurai movies, you can use your HDS for more than just trying to make out. :thumbsup:

Another thing I've been doing with the locator mode activated is to throw it in the outdoor pool here at night and go searching for it in the gravel. This is very easy if the light lands facing my way, but sometimes it's almost invisible until I get right up on it.
I've actually been leery of throwing it really far, but plan on doing that soon, or as soon as I can have the place enough to myself to where I don't have to worry about hitting anyone with it. :rolleyes:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pool sounds cool, sure would be great to see a pitcher of it.

4591600f.jpg

Calvin

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hey Pete - is that the one I'm familiar with? The Clicky? Tough little bugger, huh?

:thumbsup:
Yeah, it is actually! Really bought the light for the lower low and candle mode, but have really been liking the easy access to the finder beacon even more than I thought I would.

I've always loved Clicky's since I had my first NovaTac, but this one is by far the best, even more than my Ti.

Pool sounds cool, sure would be great to see a pitcher of it.
I'll try to get a picture of it posted later.

nbp

Flashaholic
I've always loved Clicky's since I had my first NovaTac, but this one is by far the best, even more than my Ti.

I agree with this Pete. I have had half a dozen Clickies and my new N170 is the best yet. Sure it has a little ringiness in the beam on a white wall, but the beam pattern is great, tint is great, machining is great and threads are super smooth, anodizing is dark and even and pretty, and the firmware updates are great. For sure this is my best Clicky yet. Love the quad click for beacon. Wish it was dimmer, but love the easy access.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't wait to get my 170N rotary. A new dealer here had one reserved for me. Hope to get it soon!