HDS Systems        
Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166169170171172173174175176
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 5280

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Unenlightened

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Just got my mc2000 but is it normal that one fan is not spinning? Or does it detect which side need cooling and switch on the respective fan? Thanks.

Unenlightened

Help Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Dear friends! help me find the firmware Upgrade Firmware MC3000_V11.exe download, I have during the update, this error popped up. “Start vector err1”

Heads up, there's a new firmware version released: ver. 1.15 No idea what it fixes since there are no release notes.

Also, there's an update for the Android app, version 3.80. Notes say: "App interfaces optimized for better user experience". Nothing for iOS as of yet but hopefully that's just down to Apple's approval process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dascombe View Post
    Heads up, there's a new firmware version released: ver. 1.15 No idea what it fixes since there are no release notes.

Also, there's an update for the Android app, version 3.80. Notes say: "App interfaces optimized for better user experience". Nothing for iOS as of yet but hopefully that's just down to Apple's approval process.
    iOS app update just showed up. It's very different, and for now the iPad display is messed up (cuts off the bottom of the screen) but it looks nice on the iPhone. Still works with iOS 9.3.5. Was kind of hoping they'd have a good landscape option instead, but hey.

When I click the new "Settings" feature it complained about firmware so I finally updated from 1.13. 1.15 apparently supports changing some device settings from the app.

So I see that the iOS version has been updated. Where do I begin....

1. First off, Programs are cut-off by the bottom navigation menu and are not accessible. Also, Programe?? Parle-tu Francais?

2. BATT IR??? I thought these were the slot numbers.

3. Now we're speaking Chinese. I'm all for multiculturalism but c'mon

4. More atrocious spelling. At least they didn't spell it "disturding"

5. No idea why "type" and "mode" are bunched together. Same for "status" and "capacity".

Anyway, "A" for effort I guess. Really though,
    Last edited by Dascombe; 03-30-2020 at 08:56 PM.

I had the same thought.
    Good review, my point also.

@SkyRC: guys can you make those changes look so everybody understand?

Unenlightened

Just saw your post on the iOS app update and it made me want to check the app on my Pixel. Strangely enough when I checked each of the screens that showed issues there were no problems on my device. No misspellings, Chinese, etc. ―\_(ツ)_/― Do you happen to have any font scaling or zoom set on your phone? Anyway, it looks like SkyRC needs to step up their iOS game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecmslee View Post
    Just saw your post on the iOS app update and it made me want to check the app on my Pixel. Strangely enough when I checked each of the screens that showed issues there were no problems on my device. No misspellings, Chinese, etc. ―\_(ツ)_/― Do you happen to have any font scaling or zoom set on your phone? Anyway, it looks like SkyRC needs to step up their iOS game.
    The issues I highlighted above are with the iOS app. I have the app on an old Android phone and it's much better.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 / CES 2016 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

I’ve sent SkyRC email with details and link to this post and shortly they replied that update is in progress.
    I hope no bs....

Sent from Tapatalk

From the news blog (https://www.skyrc.com/blogger/221):

The notable change is to support the latest App (V1.49 for iOS, V3.80 for Android)

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    I’ve sent SkyRC email with details and link to this post and shortly they replied that update is in progress.
    I hope no bs....

Sent from Tapatalk
    Hope they manage to implement some fixes. Now I feel like I should have asked for more. Wish list incoming.....

Aaaand new IOS app has been updated...

Sent from Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by id30209 View Post
    Aaaand new IOS app has been updated...

Sent from Tapatalk
    Yes, I saw that. They fixed a couple of things, namely the spelling/labelling errors and Chinese Characters. There is still the issue of programs at the bottom of the screen being inaccessible/cut-off by the menu bar:

Quote Originally Posted by Jcy View Post
    Just got my mc2000 but is it normal that one fan is not spinning? Or does it detect which side need cooling and switch on the respective fan? Thanks.
    Try going into the set-up menu and turning them ON from Auto. When I do this, both fans spin together.

So I finally updated my MC3000's FW to v1.15. As user radellaf mentioned earlier, it enables access to a new APP settings menu which allows changing some device parameters. Here's what it looks like on iPhone:

Angry Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by jabz View Post
    Hi Please, Help
    After the last charging of Eneloop Pro cells, my MC3000 is not powering up any longer. I thought I was the PSU, so I purchased another power supply which is switchable between 11-22 volts.
    I set it to 15V which is specified to 5amps on this PSU.
    I plugged it into the MC3000, and the same thing its not powering up. I can see the MC3000 display backlight flicker a bit, but that's it, no other sign of life.
    Is my MC3000 charger buggered? I am disappointed it failed so easily, I've only charged in it about a dozen times.

My unit has 1 fan. Its the HW 1.40+ version.
    Can it be fixed?

thanks

Jabz

So no one has had this issue? My charger is still faulty as per above.
    i need to buy a new one but I don’t want to buy a MC3000 again if they go faulty so easily. I have hardly used mine.
    Any suggestions on how to fix?

if not then
    Who is selling the latest version with good warranty?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jabz View Post
    So no one has had this issue? My charger is still faulty as per above.
    i need to buy a new one but I don’t want to buy a MC3000 again if they go faulty so easily. I have hardly used mine.
    Any suggestions on how to fix?

if not then
    Who is selling the latest version with good warranty?

thanks
    It certainly sounds as though your charger is toast. Have you tried using the APP to rule out the possibility it's not just the LCD that's faulty?

As for purchasing a new one, that depends on the types of cells you have and how much you value the advanced features. Personally, if I had to do it again, I'd probably go with the Opus BT-C3100. The smartphone interface on the MC3000 is nice but that's mostly just because the LCD UI and click-y buttons to navigate around are awful. The PC software is pretty terrible and honestly, aside from trying it for giggles, I can't imagine using it with any regularity.

If you do intend to buy a new one, I can wholeheartedly recommend NKON Got mine form them, it's the latest version and was delivered to me in Canada in a week, so they don't drag their feet shipping like the direct from China sellers do.

Enlightened

The smartphone interface on the MC3000 is nice but that's mostly just because the LCD UI and click-y buttons to navigate around are awful. The PC software is pretty terrible and honestly, aside from trying it for giggles, I can't imagine using it with any regularity.
    SkyRC software is essentially unusable indeed - but there's DataExplorer: that's what I use for cell analyze & sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by -Archie- View Post
    SkyRC software is essentially unusable indeed - but there's DataExplorer: that's what I use for cell analyze & sorting.
    I have DataExporer installed on one of my PCs and while it's certainly much better than SkyRC's PC software, it's still not something I've used more than once or twice out of curiosity.

Hello everybody,

Have been warned by the MC3000 app to upgrade the firmware of my charger.

Doing so I realized on SkyRC website that our CandlePowered' CheatSheets are available for download there... apart from the french translation I humbly provided, based on the tremendous work from WWJD (if anyone has news from him I'm interested) and help from kreisl. Can one of our fellow member with direct access to SkyRC staff, please send the info to the SkyRC team to make this doc more useful to the whole community?
    Last edited by fneuf; 04-11-2020 at 10:10 AM.

I just used their website contact form to warn them about iregularities.
    Try that option.

Done!

Last edited by Vap3on; 04-18-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Today I received email from SKYRC with response to my inquiry regarding changes made in recent firmware update. They confirm in response recent update to address only app compatibility issues.

Default Re: Low voltage LiIon cells

Quote Originally Posted by philco782 View Post
    Has anyone solved the issue of the MC3000 refusing to charge a LiIon cell whose voltage has dropped too low? I have some LED torches that don't have any protection for LiIon batteries (such as a couple Anker lights, which claim to say they support operation of 18650 batteries), and if I use them too long after they start dropping in brightness, the battery may get a little over discharged.
    A friend of mine have the same issue. He have the MC3000 and a 1S 5P-18650 spotweldet pack at 1Volt he uses for outdoor activities. He cant register himself here in the forum to ask but that is a different issue.

He already tried pressing and holding the slot-number button. The "check voltage" error just reappear and nothing changes. He cant use the MC3000 for his typical usecase. Yes, he know that dropping the voltage that low is bad for the batteries. But if you are outside and dont have any other power sources and really need energy, then you also take also the very last bit out of the batteries.

How to rechange them with the mc3000? He have spend 100Dollar for the charger. The solution cant be to use a 0-1$ trash-powersupply from 20 year old device with unregulated 3V and for example 300mA and connect it to the battery for half an hour. He just want to connect the MC3000 and charge the battery to the full to reuse it again and not to have to deal with such things like "precharging with something different".

I wrote to the support. I get fast but fully useless answers. I told them in the first e-mail, that i have read in the internet, that pressing and holding the button-number of the slot could help. I also wrote them, that i tried it many times and this never changed anything.

Their answer:

Hello Friend,

Try with more times and how can you measure your battery voltage?

Thank you
    Best Regards
    Phoebe Sun

About this topic i answered them:
    I have hold for a long time the button of the MC3000. I also tried
    holding the button many times. I always get repeatedly the "check
    voltage" error.

They really answered me(the only thing in their e-mail):
    try with more times, dear friend.
    I wrote to them:
    I have tried today about 15 times. It does not work!

This cant be true. You cant buy one of the most expensive chargers and then the only thing that should work, charging batteries, is not working because the batteries are "too empty". This sounds like a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by nqhzdkdf View Post
    This cant be true. You cant buy one of the most expensive chargers and then the only thing that should work, charging batteries, is not working because the batteries are "too empty". This sounds like a joke.
    Only a moronic company would open itself up to being sued for allowing over-discharged batteries to be charged and then blowing up in the users face, or even better-burning down an entire apartment complex.

Your made-up scenario for attempting to charge damaged cells would be laughed out of court.

"made up" and "damaged" is not true. The cells are working completely fine. They also charged up with the old and now broken (water got inside) cheap charger without any issues. It was some cheap 10$ charger and that worked perfectly fine.
    I have never ever seen anyones "blown up face" because he charged just his really empty batteries. This is not some tesla hundreds of volts 18650-circuit. This is a 3,7Volt battery.
    Have you ever tried to "blow up" a really (measured capacity 50mAh instead of 2500) worn down 18650 cell? Try it. Its not that easy and its really boring. Its just getting warm and nothing else. Flat cells are much more easy to blow up.

How can this MC3000 charger now be used to charge up rellay empty 18650 cells? I still cant believe that cells that are empty cant be charged up with this charger.

1. Is there any chance to store program modification just to slot just for latter's next activity without storing modification to program's non-volatile memory ?
    Usage: I am trying to cycle cell/-s using one program however certain number of charge rates. For myself it has no value to store this modification either to source program number nor to a different one. In few days or weeks I won't remember program differences if these are in small nuances.
    2. Is it possible to have table of factory settings for all programs?
    3. According to user manual [1,14] page 18, SPV "when selecting a program number for a ready slot, depressing its SNB saves the current selection, then makes transition to TOV and starts that slot". What if user is selecting some different program position than program number then they is depressing slot's SNB? Does the phrase "program number" means top or bottom row? Former question also for case if additionally to some program setting different than program number user modified bottom row (save to)?

So I often use different settings.
    For this I have e.g. keep the first four memory spaces free, which I then reprogram constantly.
    So I would recommend it to you too.

Page 176 of 176 FirstFirst ... 76126166169170171172173174175176