The Fenix-Store        
Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168171172173174175176177178
Results 5,311 to 5,314 of 5314

Thread: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Thumbs up Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by WalkIntoTheLight View Post
    It depends on the cell. For example, the spec sheet for the Samsung 30Q states that they can be recharged from as low as 1.0v. It just has to be done slowly until they reach 3.0v, then charge normally. It's probably safer to do a slow charge from the MC3000, than an unknown charge rate on a cheap charger.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend charging from that low, but in theory I suppose it's possible.

Anyway, it's not inherently dangerous, as long as you follow the manufacturer's guidelines. Well, I suppose anything to do with lithium-ion is somewhat dangerous, since they are not intended to be used outside of sealed devices with BMS. From that perspective, the manufacturer says don't use them in flashlights at all, or charge them with any external charger, or even buy them.

Whatever you do, just be smart about it.

Good information, thanks for the clarification.

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

My MC3000 (bless its soul, it was one of the first, has the fan mod etc) has started making a "clicking" noise, like it's sparking somewhere, when it's getting towards the end of charging 4 AA Eneloops.
    It'll be fine, but when the voltage on the 4 batteries starts getting up to 1.55 1.56 it'll start going "click" (wait 3-4 seconds) "click" etc.
    Soon as one of the batteries finishes, the clicking stops.

Anyone have any suggestions? Time to buy a new one?

Flashaholic

Default Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    My MC3000 (bless its soul, it was one of the first, has the fan mod etc) has started making a "clicking" noise, like it's sparking somewhere, when it's getting towards the end of charging 4 AA Eneloops.
    It'll be fine, but when the voltage on the 4 batteries starts getting up to 1.55 1.56 it'll start going "click" (wait 3-4 seconds) "click" etc.
    Soon as one of the batteries finishes, the clicking stops.

Anyone have any suggestions? Time to buy a new one?

Sorry if I ask the obvious questions first. Does the clicking problem follow a one particular slot, meaning when slot 1 finishes the clicking goes away but when slot 4 finishes it still clicks? The click for sure is coming from the charger and not the power supply? Have you tried charging 4 lithium ions, same thing with a greater power load? Of course you can open it up and look for anything obvious visually.

My generation 1 MC3000 is still hanging in there after breaking a spring post and swapping the case. I gave it to my son so it’s on very lite duty now. My second charger, generation 2 post 6/2016 build died about a year ago and ironically my third charger also a generation 2 is still fine and has a numerically lower serial number than the first gen 2. My first early generation 3 with raised positive contacts and 2 fans that came with firmware v1.13 has a dead micro USB port but everything else is fine. My other early generation 3 is also fine. I use these things a lot almost daily, if or when I find something better I’ll buy it but for now I think it’s the best out there.

If it’s a tool that you rely on having a spare is just a smart choice IMHO. I have seen times where I could not find a vendor anywhere in the world that had stock but right now that is not the case so I think this is a good time to buy a new one based on availability. I know it is frowned upon to mention vendors on this board but Nkon, 18650 battery store, Progressive RC and RC Juice all show stock. I have had only positive experiences with all 4 of them.

Frank

Unenlightened

Wink2 Re: SkyRC — IFA 2014 — MC3000 charger-analyzer

Quote Originally Posted by tjh View Post
    Hi,

"Clicking" noise comes from a battery, not device. It is a gas coming out through safety valve.
    Had this on brand newly bought MC3000 and when charging not used for several years Ni-Mh AAA. I have spotted "clicking" battery and put it to another charger. Was still "clicking" in it.

Page 178 of 178 FirstFirst ... 78128168171172173174175176177178