HD Review: Acebeam K40M MT-G2 (3x) 18650 LED Flashlight with Runtimes and Beamshots.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Review: Acebeam K40M

I received this light a little over a week ago from Acebeam as part of their global testing campaign. They wanted a "professional video review" so I tried to make one. Inside the video you'll see plenty of outdoor night shots, real video runtime tests, bad jokes, and nice crisp, 1080p video. Thanks for watching everyone.

While all my beam shots are in the video, I'll post a few stills I took light here. Oh and by the way, no mis-matched anodization was to be found on my sample. Oh and yes, the Acebeam Logo is supposed to look like that... it's on the case that way too- so it's not flaky etching. And it's a fairly nice NW tint, which you can kind of see in the Moonlight mode comparison late in the video.

15088128932_aabb05f109_c.jpg

15088478615_93e4f624aa_c.jpg

15085465511_0c0896aa62_c.jpg

15088119902_48cddd386d_c.jpg

14901788969_743c04d886_c.jpg

14901848490_e9b9dab368_c.jpg

14901842770_bd9c137efe_c.jpg

15088129492_42fb75a706_c.jpg

14901926267_f788fa21ce_c.jpg

Last edited:

donovanlai

Newly Enlightened
nice, would like to see the beam shot…

There is no need to quote the OP in its entirety just to add half a line of text - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

mhanlen

Enlightened
You mention it uses 2650 batteries. What are those batteries?

I said 18650, but unfortunately marbles were in my mouth. When I played back the video to catch mistakes, I thought I mispoke, but I didn't. I thought it was acceptable. Anyway, listen to it carefully. Unless you mean later in the video, when I said 2600 mah batteries, and you want to know which I used? Sanyo UR18650F.

So here are the two runtime tests that aren't sped up as much. You can see minor fluctuations in brightness, probably due to thermal management. They are boring, but here they are.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I still keep hearing 2650 at the 50 second mark. Either way I noticed the title afterwards, and fully understand. You did a great job on this review.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great review, I subscribed to your channel. Some people take this ultra-seriously, and I'm glad they are around, but your reviews are funny as well...it is appreciated!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet light. How long has Acebeam been around? I haven't heard much about them.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast

Acebeam is the new name for Supbeam...so they do have a track record. They didn't handle the transition well, and you can still find the website for each name...no redirect or anything. But they do know how to make lights.

spankone

Enlightened
Looking good!

I'm still working on my review. I've struggled getting good beam shots but hopefully I'll get it sorted this week.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
That crackled logo is fine for online, but I really think they should have gone with a solid font for the laser etching. It does look like something just wasn't done perfectly if you didn't know better lol.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Great review, I subscribed to your channel. Some people take this ultra-seriously, and I'm glad they are around, but your reviews are funny as well...it is appreciated!

I try to make it interesting! I'm not the most technical of reviewers though- so I try to make up for it in editing and pacing.

Yep, it's supbeam. Some of the lights might still have supbeam circuit boards.

Looking good!

I'm still working on my review. I've struggled getting good beam shots but hopefully I'll get it sorted this week.

These definitely require a ton of time, which is why I'm taking a break for a while.

Bob Damon

Enlightened
Thanks for another interesting review. Nice yo see you outside, even in the rain, showing actual use with the light.
And I enjoy your sense if humor. I see you are taking a break, these reviews must tske a lot if time. Hope you return soon.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Thanks for another interesting review. Nice yo see you outside, even in the rain, showing actual use with the light.
And I enjoy your sense if humor. I see you are taking a break, these reviews must tske a lot if time. Hope you return soon.

Thanks for the kind words- and yes they do take a lot of time. I am taking a break for a while, as I work on other projects. I might review something in the future, but don't have any current plans to do so.

japudjuha

Enlightened
This is a great light.
Amazingly useful in stock form. 0.5 up to 3000 lumen output. Good run time and not overly large either.
I have a range of modified and custom build lights. That being said, this is my preferred go-to light when
I hear a bump in the night.

mhanlen

Enlightened
This is a great light.
Amazingly useful in stock form. 0.5 up to 3000 lumen output. Good run time and not overly large either.
I have a range of modified and custom build lights. That being said, this is my preferred go-to light when
I hear a bump in the night.

Yep. It's a great light. Maybe even a classic?

What he said, great job.

Thanks!