Jetbeam        
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718
Results 511 to 520 of 520

Thread: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

  1. #511

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Can happen. The name is very similar.

  2. #512
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Hello,
    I need help choosing between XTAR DRAGON VP4 Plus and OPUS BT-C3100 v2.2.
    I'm mostly interested in charging batteries, everything else is a bonus.
    I read that OPUS has problems with power supply unit.

  3. #513

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    I'd also like an analyzing charger, just to fool around with. Opus vs Dragon seems to have the highest wordcount.

    Mainly I want to charge AAA NiMH without them getting hot -- I bought a couple dozen Tenergy last fall, and in my NiteCore Intellicharger i4 one of a pair will often be hotter, or both pretty hot.

  4. #514
    *Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    5,592

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Quote Originally Posted by lumen aeternum View Post
    I'd also like an analyzing charger, just to fool around with. Opus vs Dragon seems to have the highest wordcount.

    Mainly I want to charge AAA NiMH without them getting hot -- I bought a couple dozen Tenergy last fall, and in my NiteCore Intellicharger i4 one of a pair will often be hotter, or both pretty hot.
    The Xtar Dragon will offer more features than the Opus BT-3100 v. 2.2, but consult HKJís test for the precise pros and cons.

    I have ~12 Xtar chargers, but not the Dragon, so Iím an Xtar fanboy. Iíve had the Opus BT-3400 v. 2.2 for 4 years and itís pretty much the same as 3100 v. 2.2, but with a beefier fan and a display that can be toggled on/off. You can even drill a hole in the bottom of the case and access a slider switch for 3.8/4.35v cells!

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  5. #515
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    1

    Smile Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Hi: This is my first post.

    I just purchased an Ambient climate c3000 battery charger (identical to the opus bt-c3100 v2.2.)
    When using the charge-test mode, after the first charge, the capacity only shows four dashes. While this might be ok, the reason I'm questioning it is twofold:

    1- In HKJ's review (post #1), he says display shows 1882mAH at 2.08. My charger shows -- --
    I copied the info below from the first post but the image isn't showing for some reason.



    Start HKJ copied text:
    "CHARGE TEST NiMH batteries, used to measure capacity






    This function charger, discharges and charges again and is used to measure the capacity of cells.
    Display shows: 1892mAh 2:08" end HKJ copied text


    2- When using the discharge- refresh mode, during the discharge portion, accumulated mAh is displayed as a progressing number. However, during the discharge phase of the test mode, only -- -- is displayed under accumulated mAh.
    Just wondering if my charger is working as it should?

    Thank you

  6. #516
    Unenlightened
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Hello

    I'm close to buying one discharger (and I'm torn between Liitokala 500 and v2.2 of Opus 3100). I read HKJ's review about Opus 3100 v2.1 (and I also read review about Liitokala 500). But... I coudn't find his review of Opus 3100 v2.2 at his website. I guess thats because there is no review (done by him) about that software version of Opus 3100 (v2.2).

    Can someone tell me (personally I would like if HKJ finds time to answer) what has changed from v2.1 to v2.2 and is that version of discharger 'better' than v2.1 or did it introduced some 'bad things' (compared to v2.1).


    I would go for Liitokala 500 (because is cheaper) as my first (ever) smart charger/discharger, BUT... the fact that it doesn't measure internal resistance correctly, kinda stops me from that, and force me to re-think.

    This is a topic about Opus BT-C3100, so I guess owners of it (even newer v2.2 ) would suggest me Opus over Liitokala, but... can I go wrong with Liitokala? I mean, how bad it can be becaues it can't measure IR correctly? That would mean that it can't measure capacity correctly, right? (sorry for noobish questions).

    btw. I also heard that IF I decide to go with Opus v2.2 that I should buy one which has patent ID at the back? Why is that?

    Thanks in advance for your answers guys.

    p.s. currently Opus v2.2 at AE is $31.08 (witch includes shipping with tracking #) compared to $16.28 for Liitokala 500 (witch comes with free shipping that includes tracking #). Thats the cheapest prices I found from reliable sellers, so for a price of Opus I can almost buy 2x Liitokala. Is the Opus that much 'better' or should I go with Liitokala? Sorry for this offtopic question.

  7. #517
    Enlightened
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    GR
    Posts
    85

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Man, i was looking to replace my old i4 charger and thought UMS4 or SC4 would be great, but after reading the reviews the time sharing and inconsistent IR readings put me off, it seems the BT-C3100 V2.2 is way better in all except of the pulse charging that worries me.
    I just need a fast (at least 1A x 4 18650s) charger that is safe for the batteries and with consistent (even if not very accurate) IR and mAh readings. Being able to discharge and measure capacity is a bonus, i can get the C3100 for 45Ä with shipping, is there a charger like this without pulse charging ?

  8. #518
    Flashaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Sabah, Malaysia
    Posts
    296

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    Man, i was looking to replace my old i4 charger and thought UMS4 or SC4 would be great, but after reading the reviews the time sharing and inconsistent IR readings put me off, it seems the BT-C3100 V2.2 is way better in all except of the pulse charging that worries me.
    I just need a fast (at least 1A x 4 18650s) charger that is safe for the batteries and with consistent (even if not very accurate) IR and mAh readings. Being able to discharge and measure capacity is a bonus, i can get the C3100 for 45Ä with shipping, is there a charger like this without pulse charging ?
    Quote Originally Posted by twist3r View Post
    Hello
    Quote Originally Posted by twist3r View Post

    I'm close to buying one discharger (and I'm torn between Liitokala 500 and v2.2 of Opus 3100). I read HKJ's review about Opus 3100 v2.1 (and I also read review about Liitokala 500). But... I coudn't find his review of Opus 3100 v2.2 at his website. I guess thats because there is no review (done by him) about that software version of Opus 3100 (v2.2).

    Can someone tell me (personally I would like if HKJ finds time to answer) what has changed from v2.1 to v2.2 and is that version of discharger 'better' than v2.1 or did it introduced some 'bad things' (compared to v2.1).


    I would go for Liitokala 500 (because is cheaper) as my first (ever) smart charger/discharger, BUT... the fact that it doesn't measure internal resistance correctly, kinda stops me from that, and force me to re-think.

    This is a topic about Opus BT-C3100, so I guess owners of it (even newer v2.2 ) would suggest me Opus over Liitokala, but... can I go wrong with Liitokala? I mean, how bad it can be becaues it can't measure IR correctly? That would mean that it can't measure capacity correctly, right? (sorry for noobish questions).

    btw. I also heard that IF I decide to go with Opus v2.2 that I should buy one which has patent ID at the back? Why is that?

    Thanks in advance for your answers guys.

    p.s. currently Opus v2.2 at AE is $31.08 (witch includes shipping with tracking #) compared to $16.28 for Liitokala 500 (witch comes with free shipping that includes tracking #). Thats the cheapest prices I found from reliable sellers, so for a price of Opus I can almost buy 2x Liitokala. Is the Opus that much 'better' or should I go with Liitokala? Sorry for this offtopic question.



    I have been using the v2.1 version going on 7 years now and my batteries are fine. I have 4 9 year old 2000mah eneloops and they are still fine despite being charged at 1A x 4 and 2Ax2. All my other Li-Ion cells are also fine with no obvious deterioration (I top up my stored batteries every month), those in cycle gets charged when low.

    v2.2 should be the same if not better, the only modification I would recommend is to get a 6A power adaptor (2.5mm x 5mm barrel plug, please reconfirm though I may have remembered wrong), buy some spare fans (it gets loud after some time, maybe can be relubed but I already had spares so I didn't bother relubing the fan bearings). I also cut out the slots at the back to allow more airflow through the unit. If you can't be bothered doing all that bear in mind that I was using it stock up till 2020, then I got the 6A adaptor and the mods.

    PS: There's a tiny switch at the back of the unit to switch li-ion charging between lifepo (3.2V), regular Li-Ion (4.2V) and 4.35V.....I made a cut out on mine to easily access the switch as I have a bunch of 4.35V cells.
    Last edited by xzel87; 05-09-2021 at 07:09 PM.

  9. #519
    *Flashaholic* ChrisGarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    5,592

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Iíve got both the BT-3400 v. 2.2 and the latest 3.1 and theyíve both been great chargers.

    Chris
    Convoy: S2, S2+, M1, M2, Fenix: P1D, PD32, HL30, ET: D25C Ti, SF: 6P, ZL: SC-600, Klarus: P2A, Jetbeam: BA-20, Icon: Rogue 1, L3: L10, Xeno: E03, ShiningBeam: I-Mini, Olight: i3s, SWM: D40A, M11R, V11R, Maglite: 6Ds, MMs, Solitaires, LaCrosse BC-700, Maha C-9000, XTAR VP2, MP1S, XP1, MC1+, WP2 II, NiteCore i4, v2.

  10. #520

    Default Re: Test/Review of Charger Opus BT-C3100 V2.1

    Solid. Still using mine pretty hard. The only time I use a different charger (C801D) is when I need to do more than 4 cells at a time.
    GOOD TINT!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81112131415161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •