TX25C2 DOA, any suggestions

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

I just received a new Eagle Tac TX25C2 that's DOA (dead on arrival, won't turn on). Here's what I've done to troubleshoot:

1) checked the polarity, all good
2) checked the batteries (surefire 123A - work fine in the other lights)
3) checked the polarity again and checked the tail cap and head tightness - good to go

Any suggestions appreciated. I purchased it through Amazon so a return is no big deal but if there's a shipping safety that needs to be disabled (not mentioned in the instructions) or something else I can try I'll do so. I've also contacted Eagle Tac via their web site.

I'm pretty bummed because I was looking forward to using this new light to check out some raccoon activity in my attic.

Thanks!

Last edited:

stokaboka

Newly Enlightened
One thing that got me when I first got this light was that the ring that is just forward of the tail cap was not screwed all the way towards the head of the light. Once tightened it worked like a charm. One of my favorite lights. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try using a paperclip to bridge a connection between the negative side of the battery and the wall of the light (bypassing the tail cap). See if the light turns on and if so, you know the issue is w/in the TC.

jak

Enlightened
...I was looking forward to using this new light to check out some raccoon activity in my attic.
Ha, that light might be overkill for the task at hand, but sounds like an adventure.

I had one of these arrive with the spring not properly affixed to the tailcap. Perhaps you could investigate that. (It was loose, and could easily become detached.)

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Let there be LIGHT! Great tip, it worked and the light is now operational. By the way, I noticed a few rubber o rings (thick ones, not like the kind on the light now). Are these needed for the extension or something else? Thanks again!

One thing that got me when I first got this light was that the ring that is just forward of the tail cap was not screwed all the way towards the head of the light. Once tightened it worked like a charm. One of my favorite lights. 

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
Indeed - those buggers have been giving my soffit a hard time. Every other month or so, I find a "break in" where the soffit has been removed / pried open. So, I used a game camera to see what type of animal was doing it. If you watch closely, you can just barely make out the culprit here (only the 1st part of the video):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdub0hv010iw0c7/coon, roof.AVI?dl=0

Ha, that light might be overkill for the task at hand, but sounds like an adventure.

I had one of these arrive with the spring not properly affixed to the tailcap. Perhaps you could investigate that. (It was loose, and could easily become detached.)

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
For anyone else who has this problem in the future
and doesn't understand what was wrong.

There is a special screw thread ring that loosens and tightens
so you can remove or add the pocket clip.

The ring can become loose, and the tailcap no longer makes connection, just like tail cap lock out.

15123683192_94d3df22d6.jpg

jp_over

Newly Enlightened
So here's a question, is it possible to remove the clip and still have the light function?

Latest posts