Thrunite T20 first impressions

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
So ive been running two keyring lights, a T10 and Ti2 both from thrunite, the T10 has taken a bashing, and sometimes doesnt turn on when i want it to so decided to replace it, ive actually gone for a T20, and a Ti3 to replace them both as got a special deal.

I have to say on the T20, wow! I have a Thrunite Archer 1A which i also use, and the T20 is brighter i would say and the beam profile is probably more usable but still with good throw, going to be my go to light for EDC and walking dog etc with Ti3 as backup (Ti3 still in post). I dont know why i havent tried CR123 lights before, especially when you can get reasonable battery prices if you buy in bulk.

ven

Flashaholic
I really love the look of the t20,just that i have 3x t10/t10/t10t lights that stop me and having 2x d25cvn and neutral.I prefer the 16340 shorter/fatter form factor so its only a question of time before i bit the bullet:thumbsup:

Shame about the t10,it should be under warranty,what is up with it? worth getting fixed imho as a nice light,especially with a 14500 fed in it.

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
I really love the look of the t20,just that i have 3x t10/t10/t10t lights that stop me and having 2x d25cvn and neutral.I prefer the 16340 shorter/fatter form factor so its only a question of time before i bit the bullet:thumbsup:

Shame about the t10,it should be under warranty,what is up with it? worth getting fixed imho as a nice light,especially with a 14500 fed in it.

Im not sure, its had a rough like in my pocket, and ive had it a fair while now, its still works most of the time i was just fed up with it randomly not coming on etc. i'll keep it as a backup, its quite worn anyway and i feel i had good use out of it for the money i paid, and the use i put it through, so happy to uprade to a t20 and ti3, my ti2 still works fine, and will get transferred to my car key when i get the ti3 so i will then be rocking 3 keyring lights. Law of being prepared, 3 is 2, 2 is 1, 1 is none

I also love the Size of the T20, only slightly fatter really and much shorter, rides really nicely on my keys in my pocket. I love all brights, but I have a special thing for small keyring lights that i'll EDC, even the Archer 1A is too big for my pocket all the time, but the power you can get now adays in such a small package is astounding. Wouldnt mind recommendations for other CR123 torches now also. Can see getting another for xmas.

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
If its the button causing the issue,remove the clip as the screws fowl. Undo clockwise the lock around the button,then pop out the switch. Check the tabs each side,mine was a bit funny at times so i opened the tabs around 0.5-1mm away the switch body. It now makes perfect contact with every press/1/2 press where as before it was intermittent...........just a though :thumbsup: and its worked flawless ever since.

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
If its the button causing the issue,remove the clip as the screws fowl. Undo clockwise the lock around the button,then pop out the switch. Check the tabs each side,mine was a bit funny at times so i opened the tabs around 0.5-1mm away the switch body. It now makes perfect contact with every press/1/2 press where as before it was intermittent...........just a though :thumbsup: and its worked flawless ever since.

It's an old T10 twisty not new style one

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
hey, youre in Manc, not too far from me :) i might get a new T10T too they look good, my T20 is just the standard one not titanium

ven

Flashaholic
Just up the road,work in trafford park,mum lives in flixton.Yes the t10t is very nice,t10s is one of my work lights along with an e25/sr51,t7.2,p17,p3,p2,p1a(off top of head)

t10s and e25 in work

swapped all the clips for longer nitecore ones from shelms recommendation.

Great lights ,run them on 14500 cells too,moon stays moon,low is now high and high very high :laughing: works very well tbh

I am interested in the t20 lights,wont get all 3 ,either the t or s version:thumbsup:then rotate with my d25cvn and v11r mirage

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
I quite like the ease of none rechargeables at the moment but will invest in some charging gear and batteries at some point maybe. Find some lights on the rechargables run too hot really

ven

Flashaholic
Yes,tbh i have not had much trouble as low is like high and i only use it for a few mins. Some 16340 cells and an xtar charger is the way forward:thumbsup:lot cheaper too after a few charges,soon get money back:thumbsup:

Somnophore

Newly Enlightened
T20 not rated for 16340s says not to use. tbh its bright enough with CR123s for a pocket light.

ven

Flashaholic
If i got a t20 thats all i would use............all i have anyway :laughing: but its more a warning with heat,still 4.2v just more A and does not sag as much as a 123 iirc under load.But as far as i know its regulated anyway.............