JETBeam XP-L Flashlight

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
t26daGC.png

http://jetbeamlight.gotoip3.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=59

JETBeam also has a new headlight.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
The throw looks very promising, assuming it's accurate. It would be nice to start seeing the 30k candela range out of standard p60 size lights.

mudcamper

Newly Enlightened
This light is pretty much the same specs as the Nitecore SRT7 (minus colors). If I didn't already own an SRT7, I'd seriously consider this light. Nice to see JetBeam staying in the game.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a 1st gen Jet III-M and loved it - gave it to my brother. I'm feeling nostalgic and might buy this one :)

aau007

Enlightened
That blister pack just makes the light look so cheap.

You also get the 1100 lumens ONLY if you use 2x rcr123 with .6 hours of runtime. I can't imagine how many minutes you actually get 1100 lumens. They are really pushing the LED.

SimulatedZero

Enlightened
Well, with any pocket rocket like this there are going to be severe limitations. Eagletac routinely includes a stepdown after 3 minutes and 20 seconds of burn time. However I did miss that it required 2 RCR's to pump out the lumens. Given that the XM-L2 can push out near 1000 otf lumens on a single 18650 you would think an ever so slightly more efficient LED would be able to do a bit more no problem...