• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #2 - ALL SOLD

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Please see Run #1 for more details on the specifics of the copper heat sink and these light engines in general.

For the 2nd​ run of these light engines I decided to go with a more high power setup while still maintaining some level of custom setup to the drivers. I have settled on a 105C AMC7135 based driver running the STAR firmware with 12 AMC7135 chips totaling 4.54 Amps drive current.

The driver features 4-levels preset to 2, 15, 40 and 100%. There is a turbo timer set to 60-seconds which will drop the light from 100% to 40% to prevent overheating. If you switch back to 100% the timer will be reset. You will notice that from room temperature the light will be starting to get quite hot after 60 seconds so I don't recommend a second run at 100% until the light has a chance to cool.

IMPORTANT: You will need high quality 18350 IMR batteries to drive the light engine at the full 4.5A. I have two newer AWs that are able to do this with no problem, but my 2-year old AW 18350 IMR red cells cannot drive the light engine at full power. My new eFest Purple IMR 18350 flat top cells also have no issue. I do not have experience with other IMR cells and cannot recommend any others for this setup.

The light engine is running 3 Nichia 219B Hi CRI LEDs mounted on a Noctigon copper triple mPCB.

Also included is a Carlco Frosted Narrow optic.

There are several options that can be set on the light engine via star solder bridges on the driver board. If you are handy with a soldering iron you can change these yourself at any time.

Options:
  1. Moonlight Mode – ON/OFF – Moonlight mode will be presented as a 5th​ level which appears before Low in the sequence.
  2. Level Sequence – LMH or reverse HML.
  3. Memory – Standard memory (last level remembered and continue to cycle through levels in sequence order) or no memory (always start on Low/High depending on the sequence order)

With your order please specify how you want the above options set.

Limit one per customer. The first four posted "I'll take it!" without any further qualifications get the light engines.

1. lockdoc SOLD
  2. IsaacL SOLD
  3. sigfan SOLD
  4. luxlunatic SOLD

Price: $100 each

Payment must be made via PayPal Purchase option. I will PM you with my PayPal information after the order is placed.
USPS Priority Mail shipping is included for US orders.
International orders please add $5 for USPS First Class International.

Tri-EDC_219BLE_01.JPG

Tri-EDC_219BLE_02.JPG

Last edited:

IsaacL

Enlightened
Re: Tri-EDC Light Engine Upgrade Run #2

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I'll take one[/COLOR]

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take one!
And yes, I do own a Ti-Tri EDC!

Barbarian

Enlightened

Old school fun. I remember when Mac had a run with a set time. I think it was a Monday night around dinner time and they all flew off the shelf in no time.

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take any available one please, Thanks.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]I'll take one[/COLOR]

i"ll take one

I'll take one!
And yes, I do own a Ti-Tri EDC!

Is this a CPF speed record - WOW!

Congrats guys. I'll PM you shortly for payment and options.

Sorry to anyone who missed out but I will be posting up shortly on upgrade services for those interested.

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Darn it! Any left?
I'm interested in any one that is left!

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast

Dang it! Was watching for my daughter on TV tonight and lost track of time. Guess I'll have to try for next time.

bimota

Newly Enlightened

Wow, I'll have to keep an eye for the next batch.

IsaacL

Enlightened

:paypal: This one got the heart rate going for sure.