Are there any M type LED lights that have a cool white beam about 6000k or above?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are all of these big powerful M type LEDs yellow in tint or can I get M type LED lights that are cool white about 6000k or above?

Most of the M type lights so far appear yellow in beamshot comparisons.

Most suppliers state that you should not go for these lights if you don't like a warmish beam tint?

Edit : I was asking about MT or M? LEDs in general.

I forgot about the MT-G2 being neutral in tint.

I will have to look for a listing of all the colour tints and their identification numbers.

CHEERS

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Are there any MT-G2 type LED lights that have a cool white beam about 6000k or ab

The MT-G2 is neutral - approx 5000K. I'd hardly call it warm.

That said, at this stage I'm unaware of any similar cool white LED.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Are there any MT-G2 type LED lights that have a cool white beam about 6000k or ab

The MK-R is pretty similar to the MT-G2, and is offered in cool white. Check out selfbuilt's preview of the MM18 for beamshots, including comparison to the MM15 with MT-G2.

The MT-G2 is definitely a bit yellow, if you compare it to a cool white emitter. But if you just use it by itself, the tint is actually pretty nice...it does seem to render colors well. And this is coming from a cool white fan.

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

The MK-R is pretty similar to the MT-G2, and is offered in cool white. Check out selfbuilt's preview of the MM18 for beamshots, including comparison to the MM15 with MT-G2.

The MT-G2 is definitely a bit yellow, if you compare it to a cool white emitter. But if you just use it by itself, the tint is actually pretty nice...it does seem to render colors well. And this is coming from a cool white fan.

I am a big fan of cool white lights as well.

I can't handle these lights that are supposedly neutral yet turn out yellow or green in reality after I have received it.

I will have to look at what MT or MK and others relate to the different beam tints.

CHEERS

Lithium466

Enlightened

Luminous SST-90 ?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

Luminous SST-90 ?

I am talking about the new MT-G2 or MK-R type LEDs.

Sorry if I confused anyone.

I just noted that the MK-R is a 4 die LED.

So really what I am looking for is a cool white MT-G2 LED that is about 5500k or higher.

I saw a couple of lights with the MT-G2 stating cool white as 5500K.

Aren't there some numbers following the MT-G other than the 2?

I just found MT-G2 Q0 to be 5000k.

I just checked out the Flashlightwiki website and it came up with MT-G2 LEDs as having bin numbers from D0 to P0 but it still does not tell me what the colour tints are.

This table does not have the MT-G2 Q0 in it.

http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

I am even more confused by this newish LED now!

CHEERS

Last edited:

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast

According to the Cree MT-G2 datasheet P0 is rated as being 5500k and that seems to be the coolest temperature of all the MT-G2 LEDs.

CHEERS

Enlightened

According to the Cree MT-G2 datasheet P0 is rated as being 5500k and that seems to be the coolest temperature of all the MT-G2 LEDs. CHEERS
The datasheet says it only comes in 2700-5000K.

Latest posts