Zebralight SC32 & SC32w are on their way...

jak

Enlightened
With identical specs to the H32 models, it looks like the SC32 will be available for pre-order by the end of September according to the ZL Google doc.

Max 480 & 446 PID Lumens for cool white and neutral tints, respectively.

Zebralight is on a roll with the product releases, despite the fact that it's killing my flashlight budget. Are we taking bets on an SC32d release?

(This is the light I've always wanted the Olight S10 to be.)

Last edited:

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the headlamp variant in neutral. Really looking forward to it. That said, I now EDC the SC62w and it's really my perfect EDC. I don't know if I'll want to give up the runtime or output for the size savings of the sc32.

bmo

Newly Enlightened
Wow. I want one but can't really justify it since I have a SC52w and for me they'd serve the same purpose, although the SC32 has better runtimes on the comparable settings.

The headlamp version on the other hand I could make room for, and crap I see they're making an H32fw too according to the spreadsheet...I really need to stop reading these posts :)

As a side note, I wonder if the clip from the H32 would fit on my H600fw?? Seems like the bodies would be roughly the same OD.

Last edited:

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great news! Yes I am hoping for a SC32d or c for sure. I'll have to pick up a w version in the mean time. Since ZL seems to listen to request a two way clip would be awesome on these size lights, great for clipping to the bill of a cap.

Honestly the c version is my favorite it's very close to the neutral XPG that ZL used in their w versions.

Last edited:

markr6

Flashaholic
Wow. I want one but can't really justify it since I have a SC52w and for me they'd serve the same purpose, although the SC32 has better runtimes on the comparable settings.

That's what I'm thinking. And I just don't like CR123 cells. But if I EVER get a light that requires them, it will be this one. Tiny, fat little light! But seriously, NO, I have way too many Zebralights now :)

The runtimes are so short on all high settings. But 16340 rechargeables can be used, so I may not mind so much. Would runtime be same or better compared to primary CR123?

bmo

Newly Enlightened
That's what I'm thinking. And I just don't like CR123 cells. But if I EVER get a light that requires them, it will be this one. Tiny, fat little light! But seriously, NO, I have way too many Zebralights now :)

The runtimes are so short on all high settings. But 16340 rechargeables can be used, so I may not mind so much. Would runtime be same or better compared to primary CR123?

On the H32/32w page, it said the runtimes were recorded using Panasonic CR123's so not sure how a RCR123/16340 would compare. Haven't used the rechargeable 123's myself yet.

Nevertheless, the ability to use both standard and rechargeable 123's is why I want the headlamp version of this light ☺

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
RCR's have an actual capacity of about 600 mAh at around 3.6 - 4.0 volts for most of the run, so about 2.3 Watt hours of power. Primaries should be close to 1500 mAh at around 2.8 - 3.0 volts, so about 4.3 Watt hours. The RCR's are better at pumping out really high amps, but aside from that, you will get much more run time on primaries, at the expense of having to replace them when they die.

markr6

Flashaholic
RCR's have an actual capacity of about 600 mAh at around 3.6 - 4.0 volts for most of the run, so about 2.3 Watt hours of power. Primaries should be close to 1500 mAh at around 2.8 - 3.0 volts, so about 4.3 Watt hours. The RCR's are better at pumping out really high amps, but aside from that, you will get much more run time on primaries, at the expense of having to replace them when they die.

OK. That makes sense, but not what I wanted to hear :(

TweakMDS

Enlightened
Very interested in an SC32w. I already have plenty of edc size flashlights, but this might be the one to rule them all. CR123 battery thickness goes well with the size of the head, assuming it'll be similar / the same as the SC52 and SC62. Definitely picking one up when they arrive here.

bmo

Newly Enlightened

I have to admit I don't understand this stuff quite as well as I'd like just yet, so does this mean primaries will be getting roughly twice the runtime? E.g. 2.3w hrs on RCR vs 4.3w hrs on primaries

blackFFM

Newly Enlightened
Great news! Yes I am hoping for a SC32d or c for sure. I'll have to pick up a w version in the mean time.

+1 It's about time. I've been waiting since 2012. Too bad they switched to that dark gey anodization in the meantime.

dts71

Newly Enlightened
I have to admit I don't understand this stuff quite as well as I'd like just yet, so does this mean primaries will be getting roughly twice the runtime? E.g. 2.3w hrs on RCR vs 4.3w hrs on primaries

Yes, your assumption is correct.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast

Many lights that run on li-ions and primaries 'can' be substantially brighter when running li-ions due to their higher starting voltage when hot off the charger (4.2v.)

Much like a brightly burning star lasting half as long, there is a price to be paid and that's runtime.

This being said, I only run 16340s in my single CR123A type lights and I won't buy a light that doesn't run on li-ions.

Chris

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Right, as dts71 and Chris said. For normal usage, as in low to medium brightness, the primary will simply run almost twice as long as the RCR. The RCR will, however, have a chance of putting out higher max brightness, providing the flashlight has a circuit designed to take advantage of the higher voltage of the cell. Runtime will be even shorter though, as you are pulling even more power than the primary on the same setting to get that brightness.