Surefire 3P tailcap question

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Just got my very first 3P (it's green too!), and I noticed that the guts come out of the tailcap just like that. They aren't attached in anyway.
I'm just wondering if that is normal for the 3P, or is there something missing from the tailcap? Was it maybe glued to the switch boot at some point?

Here's a picture:

cubebike

Enlightened
That's perfectly normal. The old surefire tail cap guts have the same design. AFAIK-the (old) 3,6,9 P and the G2 have the same tailcap design.

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Well that's a relief. Thanks both of you.

I don't think I'll get tired of it though, but if I ever need some extra cash, well, we'll see... :D

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened
That's perfectly normal. The old surefire tail cap guts have the same design. AFAIK-the (old) 3,6,9 P and the G2 have the same tailcap design.
Good to know...I picked up a 3P with no tail cap guts, and I was wondering if I was going to have to have something custom machined.

Now, to actually find one of those old tailcaps...

JoeAsheville

Newly Enlightened
For those of you that put in the McClicky switches yourselves...save your old tailcap guts.

I just realized that my old 6P tailcap guts (the aluminum disc and the spring only) fit and make a great substitute for the missing parts in the 3P. The part that resides under the rubber boot is a little different, but I don't foresee any issues.