I got my first SF 10x & M2

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
bowdown.gif

I just got my order of SF 10x, M2 and last but not least BadBoy 500. oops forgot my SC1 which is so cool.

WOW, i'm impressed by the coolection, my first real lights. I also have mini mag, mag D3 and a Rechargeable Mag. Both SF have a superb craftsman finish in general (this is only after an hour or so of having the lights so i might not covered every millimeter).

I'm so excited
smile.gif
first i played with the M2 it is bright and has a perfect round beam. i just put it on next to my MC, though the MC is stronger its beam shape in compare is poor.

The 10x is awesome light, much smaller in real than in advertise pics. much stronger than my MC with the 500+ lumens. My wife got excited by it too
grin.gif

10x owners did you notice the handle battery can be disassembled?! The battery is 6 cells, it was out of the box 7.78V the setup is 3 cells in a row next to another 3 cells in a row (all cells in series. Have you considered replacing the orig cells with more powerful cells?

The surprise is the BB500
shocked.gif

very bright white light much stronger than the orig Mag bulb, though generates more heat. I like it. I plant it in a mini Mag bronze finish with a krol tail cap which works very nice (at least at the moment).

Thank you all guys over CPF! If not you i would never get a cross those amazing lights.

Also a special thanks to Tim Flanagan who was more than helpful for me. As i'm overseas located he was willing to ship to my address. Till we finalised my order, i had a ton of questions for Tim in which he had a patience to explain with his wide teach knowledge. Under the dealer hat he was great too, if not him probably i would'nt be able to put my hand on a 10X in such a short time.

Larry R. Pace

Newly Enlightened
Tell us more about the BB500, could you compare the brightness to another light? Have you checked the run-time? Is it quality made?
I'm thinking about purchasing me one also. Thanks!

monanza

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is remarkable. 10XD and M2. Great way to start a cool-ection of 'real lights'
grin.gif
. I love both of mine. Take them outside and play!

My biggest complaint about the 10XD is the packing box. The battery goes into a cardboard sleeve that is so tight it mars the rubber inserts. It is not a good thing to open your brand new $500 tool and find it is visually marred straight out of the box (especially since better packing will easily solve the problem). I intend to call Surefire and complain about that.

Cheers.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never actually tried taking out and disassembling the battery pack for the 10X... Too chiken, I guess... I'll try to see if I can pop it out, but in the meantime, how do you do it???
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Hello all
smile.gif

I haven't take apart the battery yet i just examined it carefully and noticed the handle switch is nothing sophisticated but rather the whole battery goes up and down on a spring soft pressure close circuit with head contact which are higher up than the other & harder pressure close circuit with the lower head contact.

SO in the battery handle just below the screw thread in the inner there is a groove and a round spring similar to 'o' spring rest inside, if you take that spring out the whole battery mechanism should slide out.

Be careful the battery leads are connected to the charging poles on each side of the handle by silver Allen screws.

BE ADVISED AS TO BE CAREFUL! i HAVEN'T DONE SO YET, ITS FROM MY UNDERSTANDING HOW THE BATTERY WAS ASSEMBLED INSIDE THE HANDLE

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
FalconFX, unscrewing 2 allen hex will do, I guess. Like you, I am too chicken to dissemble it and afraid to take more time to assemble it again and found a tiny metal left on the workbench after that:)

Alan

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
I need some help, could anyone measure for me the voltage out of his T210 transformer at the dual-prong interchange at the end of the wire, not connected to the charger?

As i'm overseas located my electrical system is 240V AC so i needed to change the transformer core.

Thanks

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alan, it wasn't too bad taking the 2 allen screws out. It's very tempting for me to go get some higher capacity sub-C NiMHs... but I'm afraid each time it requires a recharge, the whole light needs to be disassmebled again; too big of a chore...

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
I removed the two allen scews, but i still couldn't get inside the battery housing?!?

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
WhiteAsSnow,

you need to disassembled the inner retaining O spring just below the handle threads.