Looking for a good Performance Monitor for Comp.

jtice

Flashaholic
I need a good, simple, small Performance Monitor for my computer.
I need something to display Cpu, Ram and Hard drive usage. Net usage would also be great.

Needs to be a small display, just something to keep in the corner.
It also can NOT be a resource hog.

Thanks.

jtice

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Anyone with anything HELPFUL to say? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

robk

Enlightened
Task Manager in Win XP gives you a lot of info, apps running, processes running, mem usage, network traffic, cpu usage, etc. Just hit CTRL-ALT-DEL one time.
Rob

jtice

Flashaholic
rob,

I know all about the task manager.
But, I want something that displays other things, like hard drive and actual internet usage. The task manager net usage thing is basically useless.

Plus, you can only make the T.M so small, I need something smaller to go in the corner.

Bill.H

Enlightened
The Norton System Doctor does just what you want. It was included as part of The Norton Utilities, but I don't know if it is still in the current version.

There is also perfmon.exe, but that might be overkill for what you want it for, although it minimizes and you can log the results for later review.

Skyline

Enlightened
This is my favorite utility for monitoring my network connection. When minimized to the system tray, the tray icon shows you graphs of receive and send bit rates. When the application is opened, it shows more detailed graphs, etc.

It's actually a PCMag tool, but PCMag has started charging for their formerly free software. This site has NetPerSec 1.1 available though, and I confirmed the validity of the CRCs in the zip against the one I had downloaded directly from ZDNet.

http://dreadnought.ngi.it/NetPerSec.zip