Sunwayman V11r extension question

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
The extension tube that allows you to use an AA or 14500 - does it come with a separate sleeve to keep the cell from rattling, or is it smaller in ID than the battery area of the light itself? Reason I ask is I was wondering if stacking two tubes would allow one to use a 18650, 17670 or 16650 in a pinch, or if using the tubes would limit you to 14xxx sized cells.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting this light along with the extension, didn't know if there was any point in buying an extra extension for added flexibility or not.

thanks!

cistallus

Enlightened
No, not removable, the extension tube seems to be a single piece of aluminum.

SAKplumber

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know when there might be another production of extension for an 18650? I remember when someone was producing them but I didn't need one then.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
After more searching it looks like if you stacked two extensions and had them bored, you'd still only be able to fit a 16650 or 17670 unless you bored the light body as well.

I was able to find a guy in Australia that actually has some 18500 and 18650 extensions made up - and he still has some, I PM'd him - for a Jetbeam RRT-01 which is making this decision more difficult. Apparently while not specifically listed for it, the RRT-01 will in fact work on an AA alkaline or NiMH so at this point I thought I'd written that light off but it is back in the running, although I do prefer the tailcap switch on the V11r.