Surefire UB3T tailcap options

ryank17

Newly Enlightened
hi guys,

I recently bought a surefire ub3t, and I love it.

One thing I don't like about it is it's tailcap. I just want a click type(on/off) tailcap.

So Is there any click type tailcap for this one ?

Thanks in advance.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you change over to another type of tail cap you'll lose the high setting on the light. But yes, you can use any of the Surefire tail caps that fit onto the 1" diameter tube

ryank17

Newly Enlightened
If you change over to another type of tail cap you'll lose the high setting on the light. But yes, you can use any of the Surefire tail caps that fit onto the 1" diameter tube

You mean I'll lose the momentary high setting(aka blast)?

Even if I chage over, I can still use 800 lumen mode by rotator on the head, right?

Thanks.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean I'll lose the momentary high setting(aka blast)?

Even if I chage over, I can still use 800 lumen mode by rotator on the head, right?

Thanks.

Yes, that is correct, you lose the momentary high setting. The light will function normally via the control ring, or at least my light does, as I just checked.

Have you noticed how long the tail cap is on your light? There is a resistor in the tail cap that has to be there for the light to work the high mode.

I've got the UB3T Invictus and the M3LT, which you can swap the tail caps between without losing any functionality. If I use the tail cap off of any of my other lights like the M3 or the M4 Devastator, high instant mode doesn't function.

glevum

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to hijack the thread. Im thinking of getting the unr commander, anyone know if the newer tailcap will fit the UB3T. I would prefer the newer tailcap on my UB3T and the older one on the UNR.