Convert SureFire P2X from Tactical to Dual Output

itobollito

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone, new to the forum, first post.
Just received a wrong item through the post. Seller sent a P2X Fury Tactical instead of a dual output. Given that there are hefty shipping and custom charges I was thinking of converting the flashlight. Does anyone know if this is possible by simply replacing the tail cap?
Thanks for your answer. BTW great forum with an astonishing amount of detail and ingenuity
Davide

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry but changing the tailcap i dont think is going to work. Maybe a jumper/trace on the head, but usually surefire is not that accommodating. Hopefully someone with deailed knowlege of the Furry variants will give a definitive answer on if there is any reasonable way to do it other than changing the head and tailcap.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a trace on the exposed part of the driver at the head. If you look in the main Fury thread, I have pics there where mine was converted from dual to single mode. The same jumper should be cut from surefire on yours. Solder it back, and you "should" end up with a dual mode.

itobollito

Newly Enlightened
There is a trace on the exposed part of the driver at the head. If you look in the main Fury thread, I have pics there where mine was converted from dual to single mode. The same jumper should be cut from surefire on yours. Solder it back, and you "should" end up with a dual mode.

Thanks kyhunter1, will look into it tonight (currently on GMT+1 time zone).

slumber

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure it's the same with the Fury, but I remember someone bridged the broken trace on a factory 6PX Tactical, and it didn't function like a normal dual stage Pro model. Instead it only worked on low. Would be curious to see if both Low and High work by bridging the trace in a Tactical Fury. Perhaps it could be temporarily connected with a small piece of copper tape for testing purposes.

Edit: Post #771 in the above link by Cland72 is the one I was referring to.

Last edited:

itobollito

Newly Enlightened
understood what I have to do now, thanks for all your feedbacks, will need to find a way to try and bridge the gap without soldering it, might need to get some copper tape as Slumber Pass suggested. I am indeed worried it may not work properly though. Will keep you posted if/when I make it to test it although in all likelihood I will ship it back
also..think that to make good contact I might need to scratch a little bit the two contacts as they appear coated with some protection (i guess epoxy finishing) - don't want to do that as it would void the warranty

Last edited:

Novan3

Newly Enlightened
If it was the seller's mistake of sending you the wrong light then he should eat all shipping charges for the right replacement.