My Flashlight grew up. (A metamorphasis...)

scout24

Flashaholic
OK, here's the story. I have different lights in different places around my house that serve different purposes. A 'What was that?" light by the back door, etc. The light in the below picture is one of these. Started life as a bone stock Surefire 6P. 2x123 primaries and a P60 lamp. Went to two IMR 16340's and a P90 at some point. Got an M61. Needed a bored body for an 18650 for runtime and single cell guilt-free lumens. Bought a Torchlab triple and a few 18350's. Got a McClicky kit. Got a Triad tailcap for more to hang on to. Bought a Wonderlite 2x18650 body, my "12P". Last piece showed up today, a Cryos cooling bezel. So, the last part of that original 6P (the bezel) is in the parts box and the original light was replaced piece by piece, yet the job it had a few years ago hasn't changed. More Oveready parts than anything now. :) Anyone else have a similar story???

IMG_0161.jpg~c200

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M3. Replaced the head with a KX9 and replaced tail with a Z48. The coup de grâce was I found a Z41 holster on clearance for $3 and the whole setup fits perfectly in it!

dss_777

Enlightened
Reminds me of "my grandfather's ax". It's an heirloom, and has been in the family for several generations.

Handle has been replaced four times, and the head's been replaced twice.

;)