Princeton Tec 20 + BadBoy400 module

EvilLithiumMan

Enlightened
Thought I would try fitting a Badboy400 module into my PTEC20 reflector. (BB400 drop-in module is designed for the AA MiniMag. Was purchased from The Sandwich Shoppe). The module fits perfectly. Now all I needed to do was morph the south bound end of a north bound PR2 bulb and I'd be all set. Whoops, a slight cockpit error. I also needed to trim the spring down by .3", the length of the sandwich. Same thing as well for the plastic sleeve spring guide in the bulb retainer.
Rear.jpg

Mod1.jpg

Beam1.jpg

What about heat? No problem, there's plenty of it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
I meant to run the first burn-in test for 5 minutes. As usually during critical tests, I became distracted and the test went for 17 minutes. I tore down the light and popped out the module to see how hot it was. As I would expect, it was pretty toasty. Not too hot to touch, but I suspect it was headed there. I think about 12 to 15 minutes is the longest to have this puppy run without a cool down period. Other than that, it pretty much flies as predicted.