*new* Lumintop PS03 - 2800 lumens

kj2

Flashaholic
2cyjuz9.png
35lt1zm.png

And right from the start, Lumintop 'attacks' the SR Mini from Olight on their FaceBook-page;

2hcj888.jpg

I say, let the 'battle' begin :twothumbs

NorthernStar

Enlightened
It looks like that the SR Mini has got a rival in the PS03 and it's time for a showdown! :) The PS03 looks interesting. I wonder how it's ui works?

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer 18650x3 because 18650x4 is getting too fat. Do both lights use optics? Maybe Zebralight needs to jump in and make their version!

I have to wonder if plastic optics will hold up to the heat - over the life of the light.

Last edited:

SureAddicted

Enlightened
And right from the start, Lumintop 'attacks' the SR Mini from Olight on their FaceBook-page;

Lumintop are doing more damage to their reputation than they realise.
What they are basically saying is "look, we aren't creative enough to come up with our own design so we are just going to copy Olights design"

Companies like Surefire, Olight, Nitecore etc etc innovate and use cutting edge technology, WTH has Lumintop bought to the table, other than copies...
The SR Mini has better mode spacing, and is cheaper @ 132.
LT thinks its an advantage to have a battery carrier, rather then having it inbult, which equates to a sturdier construction. They don't include the battery carrier in the final weight, lol.
This company is going after newbies, they are desperate.
I really hope Lumintop goes under.

Last edited:

eff

Enlightened
Well I wouldn't be so harsh with Lumintop. Sure, there's a close resemblance between the 2 lights, and Lumintop has probably copied the concept of the SR Mini. But that would not be the first time that a concept has been copied by the competition. Ex most of the major brands now propose tactical lights working w/ single 18650 (like the M20). Same thing for headlamp with a separate battery holder. Etc....
Regarding the battery carrier, we'll need a review to check how sturdy it is. However if the carrier is of the same built quality as the one found in the PK30 (that I've owned in the past), then I won't be too worried about it, as I found it to be tougher than Olight and Fenix ones.

Last edited:

NorthernStar

Enlightened
On the Olight SR Mini the turbo mode is only available momentary,while on the Lumintop PS03 it looks like the turbo mode is available constant, which i think is good.:) On the other hand it looks like that the PS03 just like the SR Mini does not have any lockout mode or a moonlight mode.:(

I´d like to see a review of the PS03 with side by side comparison pics with the SR Mini.

jmpaul320

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the lumintop has a turbo mode that doesnt require you to hold down the button constantly to use it will already be better than the sr mini IMO.

No disrespect meant to anyone who likes the sr mini of course.

NorthernStar

Enlightened
If the lumintop has a turbo mode that doesnt require you to hold down the button constantly to use it will already be better than the sr mini IMO.

No disrespect meant to anyone who likes the sr mini of course.

I fully agree! This is the main reason why i have not purchased the SR Mini. If the Lumintop PS03 does not require one to hold down the button constantly to use the turbo mode that is great plus.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I fully agree! This is the main reason why i have not purchased the SR Mini. If the Lumintop PS03 does not require one to hold down the button constantly to use the turbo mode that is great plus.
That was the same reason why i never purchased the mini also. I sure hope lumintop fixed this flaw

clickvk

Newly Enlightened
Lumintop are doing more damage to their reputation than they realise.
What they are basically saying is "look, we aren't creative enough to come up with our own design so we are just going to copy Olights design"
You are talking about two brands that have products with identical thread shapes, finish (I mean feel and color of anodizing) and similar PCB designs, are you? These two brands are somehow affiliated with each other (may be these are two companies hosted by one manufacturer or just two brands that belong to one manufacturer, I don't know - their products looks like they was produced by the same machines, POSTed by the same CNC programmers and designed by the same engineers), so I don't think they actually compete with each other, rather than provide similar products with slightly different features that one brand can afford to take to the market at one go. I could be wrong, though.

kj2

Flashaholic
Is the 52mm diameter measured at the head or at the battery tube area?
I think it's measured at the head. When looking at the pictures on the Lumintop webpage, it looks like the head is slightly wider than the body.

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop has had some past offerings which were extremely similar to 4Sevens, and 4Sevens is a sister company to Olight. It appears that they may be related behind the scenes in some way, but I have seen nothing stated publicly about that. It wouldn't surprise me if they were, or that they shared designers, or came from the same factory with minor differences to differentiate brands.

Bela16

Newly Enlightened
I got the PS03, what can i say, i like it so much. I made a runtime graph, and it's amazing.

On turbo mode the flashlight works around 3,29 minutes with 4* Keeppower 18650 3200IMR batteries.