Eagtac D25C issue

tphill

Newly Enlightened
Hello. I have an Eagletac D25C Ti clicky that I've had for a little while. Really like the light (size and output), but it has become unreliable. Sometimes it comes on, sometimes not (without banging it on something solid). Sometimes when it does come on it flickers, or goes back off. It hasn't changed modes properly in a while. I have no need for a flashlight that doesn't come on every time I click the button, so before I toss this one and get something else, could someone help with possible causes and how to fix them? Thanks.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Clean the threads and make sure the retaining ring in the tailcap clicky is tight.

Michael Q

Newly Enlightened
Also try cleaning the (usually gold plated) contacts on the head of the light and possibly the tail cap spring with rubbing alcohol and a napkin/paper towel.
If you have deoxit contact cleaner, it would be good to use on the contacts

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
To change the battery on the D25C you take off the head.

However, the tailcap also twists a little bit.
If it has twisted out of position, you will not have good contact.
Align the pocket clip directly in between the white lettering on either side of the light.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tailcap was a bit loose. Wow. Thank you.

You might as well take the switch out and clean it and then lube things up.

I use a piece of wire coat hanger to get my tail end off, snaked through two of the split ring holes and then twisting it off. Better leverage and I don't chew it up with pliers.

Chris

tphill

Newly Enlightened
I used a bit of lube from my fishing reel repair kit to lube it. Hope that doesn't become a dust magnet. I have installed trits in those slots in the tailcap, so I used a bit of duct tape doubled over sticky side to sticky side for a cushion between the light and pliers. Seemed to work. Thanks for the replies.