Legend LX, Pelican M6 or Streamlight Scorpion?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Which one throws the furthest, is the brightest, has the nicest beam and lasts the longest?

Looking for a super duper kill everything, run the longest, burn your cornia, see a cat in a tree a mile away type (ok not quite a mile).... replacement for my piece of garbage Maglite-AA.

Thanks.

any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Legend LX, SF M6 or Streamlight Scorpion?

The Surefire M6 is in a different league compared to the other 2 lights mentioned. Mine hasnt arrived yet, but im fairly sure it would toast the Legend LX and Scorpion in all the criteria you mention, with the exception of runtime.
But then again, its a fair bit bigger, takes 6 lithiums instead of 2, and is much larger than a 2AA minimag.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast

The SF M6 will DEFINITELY be a nice replacement for a Mag AA... Are u sure u didnt mean the Pelican M6? That's more in line with the other two. Never used the LX, but I like the scorpion, I have one mounted to my helmet for extrications.

kaseri

Enlightened

The SF M6 is the way to go.

r2

Enlightened

The SF M6 is the easy winner of that group for starting fires in trees a mile away (or whatever it was) but it will also cost you about 10x the price of either of the other lights. I suspect you meant the Pelican M6?

- Russ

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

if you meant the pelican M6, i think i'd pick the PM6 over the other two lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

illumiGeek

Enlightened

Also note that the Legend LX no longer focuses and has crappy throw. (The new version has a fixed focus head, and the beam is pre-set to medium flood.)

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Crap, sorry guys... meant the Pelican M6 not the Surefire. I was reading about the M6 and say a shot on it and it was slightly bigger than the Scorpion...so that must be the Pelican M6.

Thanks again and sorry for the confusion. I will correct the title.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Title needed fixing in last post too or it comes up goofy in "latest threads" view..... carry on here.....

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a review of the PM6.
http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=787

Here is one on the SL Scorpion.
http://www.warriortalk.com/showthread.php?t=786

That reviewer preferred the PM6.

I have never tried the Scorpion, but I recently acquired a Pelican M6. I think it is a great light, and they are on sale from Botach for $24.95. That is less than I paid for mine, and I am almost tempted to buy another, except I don't know why I need another.
http://search.store.yahoo.com/cgi-bin/nsearch?catalog=botach&query=Pelican+M6&.autodone=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.botachtactical.com%2F

Jerry

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered the M6 at the nice price from Botach. I hope it is all everyone says it is.

I think I will also order an "upgrade" lens lens from flashlightlens.com

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought 2 Pelican M6's and sent them both back. It will out throw throw the Scorpion, but only marginally. The switch was stiff, and hard to hold in the tatical position. Given the weight, length , and other issues (plus cost of lamp replacement), I decided I liked my Scorpions better.
JMHO