Prometheus        
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast

Thread: Vape Lounge

Default Re: Vape Lounge

Nice Fluke! Steeping your liquid is key, some flavors require more time than others.

Cheers,so i believe,up to a couple weeks of which is why i have put it off,no patience,i just want to vape now but i will try it out,will experiment and maybe no looking back. Also 2nd time at building....................1st time was so so wrong,watched vids,read up,should be fine now. I was doing it blind,had the coil glowing but useless

Now with the help of tube i will be the king of vape not quite,just flavour n vape will make me :-)

The vaporshark rDNA is great by the way,solid using now, for a few days but boy do these 18650 cells get eaten,1/2 day i get the vtc4 ........forget it 2100mah is useless even at 16w(sweet spot i have found on the quad coil 0.9ohm).Efest 3100 20a cell along with the 2x 25r do a lot better.

Need a good IMR3400

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Cheers,so i believe,up to a couple weeks of which is why i have put it off,no patience,i just want to vape now but i will try it out,will experiment and maybe no looking back. Also 2nd time at building....................1st time was so so wrong,watched vids,read up,should be fine now. I was doing it blind,had the coil glowing but useless

Now with the help of tube i will be the king of vape not quite,just flavour n vape will make me :-)
    That's how I learned watching you tube videos and practice. You'll master it in no time.

Hopefully KDM,will get some pics once i get the stuff(i like pics)

Cheers

The girls had fun on my mods last night................crap phone pics as dark too

Both vv oddy and delta tank

vaporshark and kangertech turbo

As they only have lights,it certainly made them light headed at first,after that no stopping.

Missed postie..............so will collect my making kit monday afternoon now and give that a try

Enlightened

Well just got my first set up today I am completely new to this so I hope I did well for my first shot. I went with a paragon clone and an aerotank mega. Also for juices I got 6mg Zombie Killer by fuzion vapor and some kind of cucumber mellon mint 6mg by high roller. They aren't bad I'm enjoying the flavor but I'm sure there is some other flavor out there for me that I just can't be with out. I'll post a pic soon of my rig and see what you guys thing for a newbie.

We were at the shop for like an hour trying out flavors and being shown various devices. If we weren't pressed for time I probably would have been there all day. It was hard for me to find a flavor I found satisfying at all. I'm sure there are tons of juices out there just have to find the one I really like.

Current Light(s): Fenix PD35...

Enlightened

Ven you guys look like you were having a lot of fun.

Current Light(s): Fenix PD35...

Quote Originally Posted by Light it up View Post
    Well just got my first set up today I am completely new to this so I hope I did well for my first shot. I went with a paragon clone and an aerotank mega. Also for juices I got 6mg Zombie Killer by fuzion vapor and some kind of cucumber mellon mint 6mg by high roller. They aren't bad I'm enjoying the flavor but I'm sure there is some other flavor out there for me that I just can't be with out. I'll post a pic soon of my rig and see what you guys thing for a newbie.

We were at the shop for like an hour trying out flavors and being shown various devices. If we weren't pressed for time I probably would have been there all day. It was hard for me to find a flavor I found satisfying at all. I'm sure there are tons of juices out there just have to find the one I really like.

Nice one light me up,i have a few mega tanks and think they are great,6mg is quite low so presume you have been on lights before,if your not getting the hit,feel like a cig then try higher mg like 12 or 14mg........even 18mg what ever works for you.Takes a little time to find the right spot,be it strength,flavour along with kit and W used etc etc etc.

Look forward to the pics

I need to nip post office to pick my mixing kit up from TW so should go further than the bought stuff.Can mix pg/vg etc for more flavour or vape then and strength and flavour...........eventually getting it right

Good luck with your kit

Well just picked up the kit...................just where to start now

1st made,blueberry and blackberry and raspberry at 18mg and 30ml

Just need to let it steep a while now.............

calculator used
    http://www.c9v-forum.com/Resources/Calc/calc.htm

30mg nic?! You will have those ladies light headed. Nice pictures.

Correction I just read 18mg 30ml.

yeh only on 18mg ,the girls are on lights, so both go light headed

When I started vaping almost four years ago, I was an almost 2-pack-a-day analog smoker. I started out buying ejuices at high nic content around 30-36mg. After a couple months, I went down to 24mg and stayed there for a couple years. Over the past year I'm now stuck at 12mg and it's a good compromise for me. I have tried 6mg, but it just doesn't do it for me with many juices.

I'm not the best DIY'er. Bought a DIY kit but was never able to get the flavors as I preferred so I practically gave up DIY. It's fun to experiment and go crazy sometimes and the materials needed are relatively inexpensive. I still have admiration for those who can craft really good tasting DIY juice. I still dabble now and then especially at those times when my wallet doesn't permit ordering.

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    Well just picked up the kit...................just where to start now
    Just a suggestion: start with a single flavored eliquid. It's much easier to do and your success rate will be higher. As you gain more experience with the various flavors, you can begin mixing two or more flavors. Seems tobacco flavors are the hardest for me to get right. If you haven't already there are some good calculators over at: http://www.steam-engine.org/

There is a lot of trial and error in diy mixing, so many combinations. I've got my all day vape nailed now but still experiment with making different mixes. Some I leave steeping for a month or longer before ever trying so it is a lengthy process. My all day vape only takes about a week and it's good to go, 4% peppermint, and 4% menthol flavoring a very simple mix.

Ven just got a email from provape. They have a limited edition titanium Provari with a flat top. Go ahead and buy you a couple of them.

Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    Ven just got a email from provape. They have a limited edition titanium Provari with a flat top. Go ahead and buy you a couple of them.

Me too,so tempting and looks very nice...............,but tbh as much as i would have one for reasonable $$ i like my vaporshark,tbh i dont even think i will get a pro 3 ..................just not enough in it for me for the justification.

I have ordered a nautilus BVC tank to try out ............well i ordered 2 by mistake but i can have another flavour going without the messing about

@BanditoPete-will see how i go,worse case scenario i just stick with the patriot range but for now i am going to do as you say and go for single flavours and not 15% as a tad too strong. Going to order some bubblegum and try that out to. Got quite a bit to try out and experiment with,i guess if i have not got it right with all that stuff i never will

Think i just got carried away.............not like me at all

Cheers
    Last edited by ven; 09-30-2014 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BanditoPete View Post
    Just a suggestion: start with a single flavored eliquid. It's much easier to do and your success rate will be higher. As you gain more experience with the various flavors, you can begin mixing two or more flavors. Seems tobacco flavors are the hardest for me to get right. If you haven't already there are some good calculators over at: http://www.steam-engine.org/

Love the calc and other options,saved to favs, cheers

So lots of research.............."DNA board is the muts nuts" this that and the other and guess what............... it stuck on 3.3v or 3.4v no matter what i set the W at

So after such short use its gone back,refund of £155 and none in stock. As its USA made 2-4 weeks min wait..............Found somewhere else and i love the box mod so giving it another chance ..........app they are not making any more gun metal colours so black this time. So hopefully 2nd time lucky and should have device Tuesday and back to quad coil vaping

Oh and got some bubble gum concentrate..........very nice tbh,freshly made 30ml of 18mg juice.

Happy vaping ven

Well new vaporshark rDNA now black received BUT not instead of a vtc4 cell they supply a pany 3400 B ..................am i missing something here,high power unit with a standard pany cell. Unit is good for 30W hence why the original was sent with a vtc4..............So i have mailed them and told them the potential risks they could cause regarding safety(yes spoke to shop and all new devices do come with this cell).

With delta tank 1.4ohm(3x4.2ohm in parallel) and my own 25r cell .............

Prefer the gun metal myself,but as only making black now and change of cell they seem to be on form for wrong decisions.

Either way i do love the device and its certainly last chance saloon now,any issues now and its no more vaporshark stuff!!!

Ven, the model Vapor Shark I own is the one that has the internal lipo battery, super compact. I haven't keeped up with the new devices in a while do they still offer those or do they all use 18650's now?

Hi there KDM ,yes they still sell the original VS DNA ,then there is the rDNA which gives option of changing the 18650 cell(instead of lipo) or usb charge leaving cell in.

Now the rDNA has changed,original offered gun metal colour,now its henry ford(any colour as long as its black) .Also changed cell from vtc4 to pany 3400 but after a conversation with VS its been heavily tested and unless your going over 25W its fine app........

I keep hearing talk about the Sony vtc4/5's not being made anymore. If so that's a bummer because they are awesome performing cells.

Quote Originally Posted by KDM View Post
    I keep hearing talk about the Sony vtc4/5's not being made anymore. If so that's a bummer because they are awesome performing cells.
    I have heard the vtc5 are not and hard to get,if you can they are at a silly premium imo.
    vtc4 should be easy enough though to get............

Reg the vaporshark,i think they have changed from vtc4 to pany B(good for 25w app after extensive testing)to now another cell.

I use 25r in my devides,good happy medium at 2500mah and A ,well priced too.
    Also the efest 20A 3100mah and 35A 2600mah are not bad cells,the latter being the best choice of the 2.

Try the 25r,i find better than the vtc4 in mods and lights

Samsung 25r's are top performing batteries, and they have a long life before they hit the recycle bin. I hear good things about Sibeile too, and Torch's own.

I've only just come across this thread, which is great, as it combines vaping with flashlights. My two are Zebralights, and one Olight is off for repair.
    Are there any Vapepit members on here? Or ECF members?
    Just bought a Hellfire squnok atty, and want to get a Reo next. Mostly I'm into drippers.

ECF member <KDM> here, since buying my Reo mods I haven't used anything else. All the benefits of a dripper without the hassle of having to drip.

I'm debating on trying vaping, but I'm a little overwhelmed by it all. I played around with a friend's e cig that was 10440 powered but I want something with a bit more punch but still be pocket friendly (18350-18500 IMR powered).

I rarely rarely smoke cigarettes but I enjoy the taste of vaping so I want to start on something with super low nicotine count.
    I'm Ryan.

The Reo 18650 is about the size of a pack of cigarettes. With the liquid and battery capacity you can moderately tape all day long. For comparison I posted pictures of a REO Grand (18650) and REO mini (18490) on the first page.

Not updated for a while,this is up to date.............but only good for today

Cells i rotate,have a few of each

25r offer excellent value imo

Recently using the new LG as in pic

Good cells too,well priced again,i cant wait for 3500mah IMR to come out come summer.

Vaporshark rDNA30 is sold to a friend even though i did not want to sell it,so gave in,then bought an rDNA40 . Benefits,quicker charging,built in charge option(on top of usb) so now dont need the extra plug in card that fits under skin(its inside the shark).
    Fluids,250ml mix of 50/50 pg/ag,100ml of juice for topping the 30ml bottles up,then i use the 30mls for topping tanks up.............like a vape chain

Tanks in use and rotate delta 1/delta 2/subtank/atlantis

Delta 2 also known as subflow at TW,has 0.5ohm coils

Can adj each coil by opening/closing the vape holes............tbh a novelty and have fully open........

Tank is a pita to fill due to having such a large centre chimney

Only 3.5ml so req regular top ups

Solution is the stainless tank

Has a needle point for accuracy,also the end of flask is a button and can be pressed to help fluid out

rDNA40 at 32W

Tend to use closer to 18-20W most of time though..............boy does it eat mah!!! I mean i can use a 2500 INR or IMR in 2hrs easy

Bought 5ml extension for the atlantis due to being a pita like the delta 2,req topping up too regular

I have the 20w curve(far right) as my car edv(every day vape)

Use the VS in work and house mainly......

Good 30w version that supports sub ohm available,now the 50w version with 4400mah battery,so good life too.

Trying to keep away from buying any more gear for now,trying to get moneys worth

Just fluids/concentrates etc a regular cost but buy in bulk,then use the 250ml for holding my ready mixed fluids.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast